Tuesday, July 9, 2013

First Day of School!

Aka day care :)

On July 8, 2013 Simon went to his first day of day care or school as we call it. 

Simon didn't sleep well the night before which lead to a tired mommy. That tired mommy had a rough morning. She forgot Simons breast milk at home and had to turn around and get it. She also forgot she needed gas and it took her two gas stations to get it.


I had left plenty of time because I didn't want to be rushed dropping Simon off but my extra time was taken up by the unexpected delays.

Simon was sleeping so he was okay with me leaving once he got to day care. I did better than expected. I cried a bit and was a little emotional but overall not bad. My only concern was him eating out of the bottle (we had some difficulty with that). I called around 10 and they said. He ate a bottle just fine and hearing that I was no longer anxious.


My work day went well and soon it is time to pick up Simon. I get there and can hear his goosey goose noises and his caretaker is giving him a bottle. I say hello and Simon starts crying so I got to finish giving him a bottle and then change him. He at about 8 ounces yesterday! I actually think his last bottle was too small as he was hungry on the way home. As I am breast feeding, no one knows how much he is used to getting in a sitting. We are playing a guessing game. We ended up leaving day care around 6 for home.

All in all I think he has a good first day! I dropped him off again asleep this morning (when he goes to day care is dependent on his sleep/eating schedule) and got to work early to pump and left with no tears!

No comments:

Post a Comment