Sunday, February 12, 2012

Surprise Bridal Shower!

My work through me a surprise Bridal Shower on Friday during lunch!

I will start at the beginning because I had NO clue!

On Wednesday afternoon my peer coach Emily tells me that we are having a baby shower for another co-worker Nicole who is having  a baby girl (her due date is actually my wedding day). I was a little surprised and confused I had not been informed about this baby shower before then but I was hoping it was because I was always in training.

So Thursday night I leave work and get Nicole her baby shower gift. I went to Dillards and I really was not impressed with their baby clothes selection. There were a few cute things but not really. I was able to find 3 really cute outfits on sale. I got 3 month onesies, a set of 6 month clothes that would be two outfits and a 9 month outfit. I always try to get larger clothes figuring the Mom to be and other guests will get her plenty of the smaller clothes and I think the Mom to be should get some larger clothes to make it easier for her when the child grows.

So Friday comes and I go to class and then it is time for lunch. So I head out to meet my pod and we walk to one of the break room and I see everything decorated! I notice it was divided between sections...one pink and one purple but I didn't think anything of it. Well Emily tells me that the shower is also for me! I was so surprised! There was sandwiches, chicken, guacamole, chips, salsa and chocolate cake bars.

They even got me gifts!

Carol, a coworker, made us this towel cake!



My friend Ginger gave me these tea towels and utensils!
The pod as a whole got us a gift card to Walmart :) I was so surprised and am so grateful to them. It did not occur to me that they would do this. They are so kind and it did not go unnoticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment