Wednesday, November 14, 2012

How am I feeling?

I do not know how Michelle Duggar did this 19 times.......heck I don't know how my mom did this twice!

What did not help was that I caught the stomach bug right when the morning sickness started. That weekend I couldn't eat anything and was really doubting what I had gotten myself into because I hadn't realized it was a stomach bug yet. Once the stomach bug ended life got somewhat more bearable.

I haven't been able to eat much at all. I am now finally starting to get the hang of this. I am very limited on what I can eat. Garlic, tomatoes, bread, bagels, pasta, anything that sits heavy is out. Pancakes are fine...like mother like daughter. Everything is at a 50/50 and I don't know whether I will be able to keep it down until I have eaten it. I also have to be careful with what time I eat. So far I can eat most fruits I have tasted, yogurt is my breakfast that I have to wait until 8 to eat. Oatmeal is my lunch. I have a protein bar as snack, and pretzels/ginger cookies throughout the day. Dinner has either been pancakes or cereal. And that is really all I can trust to keep down...as long as I time everything okay.

One of my biggest hurdles is that my taste buds have not returned. NOTHING tastes right....not even hot tea. I really think I have lost weight this month. You cannot tell when I am in clothes and I think only my mom and I could really identify a baby bump if I were in a swim suit. My goal is to only gain 20lbs with this pregnancy, that is more then enough for baby and me, but I am starting to worry that I wont even gain that much.

The nausea has made it extremely hard to sit up and do anything, hence lack of blogging. Outside of trying to keep it a secret, I couldnt sit up straight without my head spinning and my stomach churning. Getting through work was really really hard. I had a lot of concerned people asking if I was okay because of how pale I looked.

Sleep, I have been sleeping a lot. This I do not mind so much. It is only lately that I have not been sleeping as well as before. I still sleep through the night but I have periods of brief consciousness as I move from dream to dream where as before once I was out, I was out cold.

As I leave the first trimester and head into the second, I really hope my tastebuds come back :-\

No comments:

Post a Comment