Monday, April 29, 2013

Eight Months Update

I am officially in my ninth month...considered full term on 4.30.13.

Thor's favorite activity...punching area's he should not punch!

Nothing really to report. Everything is basically the same. Which is good. Everyone thinks this little man is coming early, I don't think so. I am hoping he is a little late.

I am up a total of 30 lbs so I am well within the target range for weight gain. Still no cravings though I do like fruit. Thor goes nuts when I eat it. Grapes and watermelon tends to be his favorites. Pineapple is a close third. Substituting ice cream for fruit pops has been successful. I still get to feel like I have eaten desert but it is healthier and fewer calories. I do have two "branches" of stretch marks right underneath my belly button. I am covering them with coco butter hoping to lessen their appearance but I am not sure it is working.

Mom is coming up next weekend to help put some final touches. We have pictures to hang, meals to get ready so we can freeze them and a make a cushion for the chair in the babies room.

Here are the pictures! I am definitely pregnant....finally!

Still barely an innie!

The camera is being nice hiding the stretch marks but believe me they are there.



One thing that everyone keeps commenting on (which I don't mind) is the fact that from the back I do not look pregnant. I think it is a boy baby thing. It is only when I turn around that people realize and then it is a "woah! When are you due?" question :). These pants are small now...they are pre-pregnancy work out pants so they create a bit of a muffin top but other then that they are right. I still have my waist and from the back you do not expect me to have the belly that I do. Because of how many comments I get about how I don't look pregnant from the back I wanted to include some pictures here for memory's sake.



And have to continue Brian's payback for making him take the pictures
This will probably be the last monthly update with Thor still in the belly. I will take more pictures right before I go into labor for the "9 month" and then pictures with Thor (who will have a name at that point) a few days after the birth and that will complete Thor's pregnancy journey. Mom is going to send me the pictures she has taken with me in them within these 9 months and with those and these updates I will make Thor's pregnancy book. I hope to make a photo book every year. The idea is that each child will have their own pregnancy book and a book each year (1 year, 2 years, etc). There will also be a book for me with the pictures of all of our kids together once we get more then 1 :). We shall see what happens but that is my thought and plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment