Sunday, April 7, 2013

Mom's Baby Shower Weekend

It turned out fabulous!

Mom and dad came up on Good Friday and we had steak for dinner with orzo and salad. It was so yummy. Brian cooked it, he does steak so well.

Saturday we ran some errands before the shower and just relaxed mostly.

The shower was so much fun! I really enjoyed everyone's company and I think everyone enjoyed themselves as well. Every one was so generous with gifts and their time but I want to mention some for memories sake. Daddy went nuts with Giants memorabilia. The Mara family will not have to worry about losing any money this quarter thanks to Daddy. Your welcome Mara's! Thor will be wearing them proudly and we won't have to buy more until Thor is about three or so. Did you know they make sports themed pacifiers? Caroline totally got into the ducky theme and got Thor some ducky feetie pajamas that are SO cute! She got them in two sizes so Thor can continue wearing them. They dressed baby up in one of the outfits and Thor may have to fight her for it lol. Mommy got Thor tons of overalls and cute onesies from Osh Gosh...so if you see overalls on Thor more then likely it is from Mom. Mom also got Thor Nigel, a stuffed giraffe. My friends from work Lisa and Jason got us Murray....a light up/singing stuffed animal...this generations version of glow worm. It has been a success for their cute boys and I am sure it will be a success for us as well. Ms Micki gave us a wonderful plaque that is going to go on the wall between the two photo's of Benjamin and Vicki gave us some wonderful bulldog onesies and sunglasses so Thor can be like father and son. One of my favorite things is the shower curtain they used as a table cloth. Pictures of that will come when I show the finalized nursery.

Saturday night we just relaxed, we tried to go out to dinner and it was not completely as expected. I wasn't hungry but tried to eat anyway and then got sick and the restaurant completely messed up dads martini.

Sunday was a bit busy. Brian and I made Easter dinner (lamb, Yorkshire pudding, green beans with tomatoes and prosciutto and salad). Mom and  I organized the clothes and put everything away. We have a few decorative items to do but we are basically ready for baby. And we all dyed Easter eggs.

It was a wonderful weekend and as soon as mom emails me pictures she took from the shower I will post those.

I do need to get off my lazy bum and post about works baby shower......maybe this week?

So coming up:

Work baby shower
Finished nursery and guest/baby bath :)
Pregnancy update :)

No comments:

Post a Comment