Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A promise fullfilled....

So I made Benjamin made me a promise.

Remember this photo?






Benjamin promised he would stick around until Thor/Simon came so I could get a picture like this one:





So I could have them both in frames in Simon's room.

However when we came down for Labor Day weekend he did even better!

I love how Simon is looking at him
And of course he gave me a picture I could never have dreamed or planned on getting....





(That last picture is going to be the one I put in the second frame I believe. Benjamin sniffing Simon in utero and out is just too precious!)

However, all good things must come to an end. Benjamin was 14, almost 15. Couldn't get out of the house anymore. Showed no real interest in anything any more. Barely reacted when I was there and I am his favorite person. The only person he really paid much attention to was Simon and that didn't last long. He was on pain meds and I am not sure they were fully working. It was quite obvious while we were there over Labor Day weekend that his quality of life just wasn't the same and not good enough to warrant everything he was having to live through.

So Labor Day weekend was spent saying good bye to my Mange Man. On 9.5.13 we let him go play and torture William with strict orders that he is to lie on top of William not next to him. William's vacation is over!

It was of course a very hard decision but it was the right decision. I am just incredibly grateful that we got so long with him and that I was able to get these priceless photos of him and Simon. It is still very surreal

No comments:

Post a Comment