Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Gamma's Paintings

My Gamma Kay has always painted. I remember her easel in the laundry room with a half finished painting and a photographed attached to the easel. She would take a favorite photograph and turn it into a painting. I never realized how special this was. I knew not every Gamma painted but it was just something I took for granted until after her passing.

After she passed my clever Aunt B thought to take a photograph of everything of Gamma's, put it on Webshots and the family would comment on what we would like since we all lived several states away. If two or more people wanted the same thing we would find a way to compromise but to my knowledge that never really happened. I found myself not really wanting the jewelry but wanting the paintings. My kind Aunt B is holding the paintings I wanted for me up by her as I do not have the space for them at the exact moment. She did mail me one of them down since I forgot to take it myself after the funeral.

Last week my mom said I would be getting a package on November 2nd. Guess what was inside? Some of my Gamma's paintings she had found in the garage! I have hung them up and thought I would share them :)

This one is for sure Arizona and used to be over the Dining Room table

We aren't sure where this is but call it the Irish painting

This is the print Aunt B sent me

We thought this was a Swiss Alp and we thought it was a view from a canyon, not sure at this point :)

My friend Dave from work showed us how it almost looks like the US from the side, can you see it?
The following pictures are how they make the apartment look:






And still found room for the Angel :)

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful! Between you and me I think we have 90% of her paintings. I even have one in my office! xxoo B

    ReplyDelete