Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween 2010

This has been the best Halloween since I moved down here...it may even beat college and high school Halloweens! Usually I am working or sitting at home doing nothing. Brian and I have never lived in an area where kids trick or treated so we never even got to experience that side of things.

This year was completely different! I got to go trick or treating with Allyson and her kids! I got to Caroline's (where we were meeting) after work and just hung out and then helped them get ready. Austin was going as the Chef from Ratatouille basically and Mady was going as a Fairy/Peacock. Austin went with his friend David and his mom and Allyson and I went with Mady. We (Allyson, Mady and I) also were going with Lauren (a coach/owner of the gymnastics academy I go to) and her husband John with their two young ones Chase who went as Elmo and Cadence who went as a pretty kitty/lioness. Angel and Landon (Brodi's, my gymnastics coach, wife and son). Lauren and Brodi's sister Michelle tagged along as well. Brodi stayed at home. Landon was supposed to be a monkey but it was a bit warm. I knew Brodi/Lauren's family next door and Brodi knew but apparently he didn't spread the word since when they saw me they did a double take. :)

Another VERY different thing about this Halloween? It was pretty, bright, sunny and a cool 70 degrees out. I am SO used too it being dark, freezing and rainy. OH and no kiddy melt downs! Trick or treating was pretty dissappointing. Very few houses were giving out candy and we walked around several neighborhoods and the ones that did only gave out one piece per kid. I am used to getting 3 or 4 at each house. Anyway I ended up taking lots of pictures as I normally do and I will do my best to not post them all :)

Mady getting ready with Nana's

Dress over head....every girl's favorite past time!

All smiles!

Getting make up done by Auntie Blair!

Austin

Mady and Me


All ready!


Austin deserted us for his friend David so I don't have that many pictures of him :-\


Baby Landon

First house!


Chase, Mady, Cadence


Can I have him Mom please!!!!


Austin, David, Mady and Cadence


I am sure people thought we had triplets!

After trick or treating we came home and ate Chili at Caroline's house and celebrated Walker (nephew of Caroline, cousin of Allyson) passing the bar. Walker has become a friend and as I like to call it he is my husband in god parenting to Austin. And that was Halloween 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment