Saturday, November 20, 2010

This just makes me sick.....

When I first started "blogging" over at livejournal one of the first people I followed was a woman named Emily. Emily was from Texas and was two years younger then me with 3 children. The oldest was Madison and the middle was a sweet little boy named Julian. Both of them had been preemies but were doing well. Emily's main blogging focus was her little girl named Dakota Rose. I started following them when Dakota was about 6 months old. She is now 4. Dakota was also a preemie but she never quite kicked it. I remember posts where she almost died or we were afraid she wouldn't make it through the night. She would get better and then get worse again. We all thought it was do to complications due to being so premature. I think she was born at 29 weeks. At the time I am reading this I am 19 or so and this was my first preemie so I thought this was what happened with preemies. I, among others, fell in love with Dakota Rose. Such a sweet little girl. I commented like the rest and Emily even responded back to me.

Awhile ago Emily stopped posting, Dakota was about 2 when she stopped. I thought something horrible had happened or she got tired of sharing with the world. This past month or so I couldn't stop wondering what had happened to Dakota....if she was okay or did she finally pass away.

This morning I was livejournal stalking, someone made a comment on another friends blog and I got curious so I looked up the commenters profile. We share several friends and one of things she was reading was a blog called the macdonaldfive. This turns out to be Emily. Emily had two blogs...one here on blogger and one on Livejournal. Well without looking too hard I found out something horrible had happened. Just not the horrible I thought had happened.

Emily admitted and was caught on tape taking fecal matter from Dakota's diaper and putting it in her feeding tube during a stay at the hospital back in April 2009. She was originally brought in for a high fever and would get better but would get sick again. The doctors were able to tell that there were organisms in Dakota from fecal matter but could not figure out how they were getting there, hence why they put a video camera in the hospital room. Emily was not diagnosed with Munchausen by proxy syndrome...they don't think she has it. 

What it boils down to: Dakota Rose did have some issues from being a preemie and Emily started blogging about it. Her blog grew so much attention that Emily continued to make Dakota sick so the attention wouldn't go away.  Her trial has been delayed, last date set that I can find is May 2010 but no word after that. She was let out on her own recognizance but was jailed after going into a home with her two young nieces/nephews.

The story if you want to read it

I just cant believe it! It definitely is the same family, I just never ever thought it was Emily doing this to her child! Dakota is reported to be doing well....as can be given her preemie status and what Emily did to keep her sick. The other two kids are doing fine. There was talk of Emily doing things to Julian when he was a preemie and refocused once Dakota was born but there are no official charges on that. As far as the cops are concerned the only child at risk is Dakota.

This just makes me sick, there is no words to describe what I am feeling right now. I really didn't want this to be the answer to my questions about what happened to Dakota. I just hope that the trial doesn't get delayed again and Dakota can finally get justice

No comments:

Post a Comment