Wednesday, September 12, 2012

All good things must come to an end....

Brian and I had a wonderful vacation with each other. We get everything we wanted to get done and more. Well, almost everything. While we were in Charleston we were supposed to go on a boat cruise but it started raining so we decided to skip that. I was starting not to feel so great and have typically not done well on boats when the weather is bad so I didn't want to ruin the experience by possibly getting sick. So we still have to do that when the weather is nicer. We went on a carriage ride which was really fun and our horse, Mr. Bill, was the best. He had the best personality! Our carpets, wood and tile are so clean. Almost everything is put back in its place and we are settling back in to normal life.

We have purchased tickets to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra in Greenville for this upcoming November. We are really excited about that. We got the section we wanted as well! The key to Trans Siberian is that you dont want to be on the floor because it will be hard to see the stage and the people as they walk above you. This show is just about the visual lights as it is the sound. You also dont want to be to high or to far on the other side of the arena. You also dont want to be right on one side next to the stage. The musicians spend a lot of time on the stage but they also walk out into the audience a bit and if your right by the stage you will miss what they do in the audience. We think the best area is the lower level one block in from the stage. so not 101 but 102 in our case. We were in section 103 which was great especially since we didnt know what we were about to experience so we are very close to where we were before but just a bit closer to the stage so we can see them on stage better but not so close to the stage where we cant see what they do in the audience. We are SO excited about this trip. We love Trans Siberian Orchestra.

Work is going well. Exciting really but I will post about that when everything is all said and done. Monday was a bit rough as a first day back. Nothing really bad happened but it was a LONG day. We had mandatory overtime so i ended up with a 12 hour day. This week is flying by and there is mandatory overtime this Saturday and next so yay extra money!!! Brian's student loans will be paid off that much sooner.

We did come to the decision regarding extra money towards house vs student loans but that deserves a post in itself. I am pleased we came to a decision and can start working with that in mind.

I am starting to get ready for Christmas. I have all the Christmas cards ready I just need the letters and those will be ready to be sent out. I also have about half of the Christmas gifts that I just need to order. I still need to make the other portion and of course mail them out.

I started the photo book detailing the house being built but that book is going to be exhausting as the pictures have to go in a specific order and remembering the order and finding the appropriate pictures is draining. I have them organized by week but not by location within the week, hind sight is 20X20. I am going to work on that more after all Christmas gifts are ordered/sent.

Wedding album is back on hold as the two books my mom gave are not going to work. One is broken (I am hoping its a fluke and not to come of the books I have already made) and the other is partially full with more pictures of me! I am going to use the rest of that book to put random pictures I have been saving.

I think that is it....tomorrow I am hoping to post more about Mr. Bill and later this week about our house vs student loan decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment