Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Basset Hound Waddle 2012

After Trans Siberian Brian and I headed down to Charleston to spend the weekend with my parents. We saw the lights on James Island which was fantastic but the best thing was the Basset Hound Waddle!

Every year during the Christmas parade the Carolina Basset Hound Rescue group invites Bassets from all over to participate in the parade! If you don't know bassets ....walking without sniffing and walking fast when not chasing something like a rabbit is not their fortay!

All of the out of town bassets were staying at a hotel in Folley Beach so Saturday my parents, Brian our friend Will and I went down to see if we could catch any on the beach. I was too excited to pet and play with the Bassets to take pictures but it is hilarious to see Bassets try to walk in sand when their bellies touch the sand and even try to go swimming.

Sunday was the parade and to our surprise the bassets were one of the first groups! The bassets start out walking but for those that are too old or tire out there is two wagons following behind to carry the rest across the finish line. SO much fun and definitely a new Christmas tradition.




They had the right idea!





So good letting Santa ride on her!


Poop Mobile or what I call the winners!


I want a basset!

No comments:

Post a Comment