Tuesday, December 18, 2012

And they wonder why we hire people.....

All of our friends seem to question why we hire people to do simple Do-It-Yourself projects. Well this is why.

We painted the master ourselves. It did not really go as planned. We had a late starts both mornings, the fan took more time then we were thinking, and well we don't really know what we were doing and I really wasn't supposed to help much. I did end up doing more then expected to get the show on the road. But I took plenty of breaks and the boys had the room very well ventilated. I painted by the tape on the bottom (base boards, window sills, etc) and corners. Brian worked on the tray ceiling and when will woke up we were ready for him to start rolling. I also helped with the touch ups as I could see them easier.

By Saturday night the original plan was to get most of the room painted if not all painted. That way on Sunday we could do any touch ups and then get the furniture back in. Well, we only managed to get the room cleared, taped and plastic put down. Sunday was spent painting and putting furniture back in. In the end I think it looks great but we are definitely hiring someone. Brian is still sore.

Here are some pictures from this adventure:

Before

Before

Brian is awesome at packing

See?

Yup, even got the king size bed in the walk in except for head and footboard


Headboard and footboard

All taped


All painted!

Tape needs to come off

And finished


The lighting and color makes it hard to take pictures of. We have been sleeping in the guest room for the past week due to the paint smells. We are so excited to sleep in it tonight. We also did lower the bed. We put the box springs in the walk-in (you can kind of see them leaned up against the wall in the last picture) as I did not want them in the attic uncovered. Getting in and out of the raised bed is fine now but Brian decided he didnt want to have to help me in and our when I am actually big with baby :) I love it, Brian likes it and I think it looks great with the furniture including the settee!

No comments:

Post a Comment