Thursday, February 14, 2013

Baby update!

Thor has been very active lately. So active you can see my belly move. Brian has felt the kicks and it has been really cool. At first it is like you have a butterfly in your belly. It can get confusing on whether your feeling the baby move or if your feeling your muscles contract. Thor started moving right as my belly was about to "pop" (you will see I haven't "popped" that much) so it was hard to tell. But as he has gotten bigger the movements are starting to feel more like kicks/punches.

At first it was weird and distracting. I would be on the phone at work with a caller deep in thought/concentration trying to help the caller when the baby would kick or roll over or do some big definite movement and I would end up losing focus. As the movements became more regular it became less distracting and more reassuring. The baby obviously knows when I am having a not so happy call and will kick which actually helps me feel better which snowballs into the call getting better or at least me not taking the callers frustration/anger personally. He's my little secret weapon :)

I took two videos but the first one blogger wont let me upload (it was a failed attempt anyway) and the second one doesn't show anything as I thought it did :-\. Hopefully when the baby gets bigger I will be able to get better videos.

I did have an appointment on the 8th. No pictures yet because I am trying to do them "monthly" and we haven't hit the 7th month mark yet. Everything is going well. I gained a pound so I am up a total of 16lbs. Still have a ways to go to get to the 25-35lb goal the doctors have but everyone I have seen is still pleased. The midwife loves my belly :) She keeps cooing about it which makes me feel good. I dont think I will get as big as they want but the baby will be fine. Mommy didnt gain what she was "supposed" to with either my brother or I and we were just fine. Plus if I was in danger the doctors and midwife would be getting worried by now and none are at this point. I will worry when they worry.

I am tiny though. I actually think I'm not that tiny but I am definitely tiny by societal standards. I have come to the conclusion that what size society thinks is appropriate for a month/stage of pregnancy is completely different then what is medically considered appropriate. By society's standards/reactions....I am teeny tiny. By medical standards, I may be on the smaller size but still where I should be. I am in maternity pants but the ones I have a huge on me. I am wearing maternity shirts just to wear them. I can still wear the majority of regular shirts and do on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment