Thursday, March 28, 2013

Seventh Month Update!

As I am officially starting my 8th month it is time to update on the 7th month.

Nothing too exciting happened except I finally started looking pregnant and I have a text book boy belly. It is heavy! Thor is moving a ton! I am supposed to count his movements...he is supposed to move 10 times in 3 hours. Um...this little man only needs three minutes! He is constantly moving. I am still trying to catch it on video...he is still taking after his father on this one.

Still no agreement on a name. Everyone at work is getting nervous that we are actually going to name him Thor. Thor may stick as a nickname but will not be on his birth certificate. Thor Carter wouldn't be taken very seriously on college applications, job applications or wedding announcements. Brian is becoming more helpful in suggesting names but still no luck. He really likes the name Parker (yes he really likes Spider Man) and I do like that name...however it is AWFUL with our last name. It rhymes. His other favorite is Paul. Fine name, nothing wrong with it exactly it just isn't very fun. I don't think of a sweet little boy with that name. I think you should name a child with a name that will fit through all stages of life and Paul just makes me think of an old man.

I haven't gotten sick in a while which is nice. I hope it stays away but I am on the look out for it to come back. The sickness came back for my mom when she was pregnant with my brother and so far I am taking after mom with this pregnancy. I am up a total of 26 1/2 lbs so I am still doing well. I can't wait for this little one to be here...for many reasons but the main one right now is that once he is out mommy is going to make me Eggplant Parmesan and I cannot wait to eat that!! I know I am going to eat too much of it at once but oh well!

I am still sleeping well which is nice. Every once in a while I will have a "bad" night but even that is not so bad. My back is starting to hurt more. That is annoying. Also I have been having to get up once a night to go potty which is also annoying. Two more months, two more months.

Here are this months pictures:


Still an innie!



My backside really isn't as big as it looks in this picture...

Yes, Brian is still Brian

The crib is set up, sheets are on the bed and everything is in place. All that is left to do is get the electrician to come in and move the security system outlet into the closet where it was supposed to be in the beginning which will be done in April and we are still trying to find a way to get the entertainment center disposed of.
After the baby shower I hope mom will help me organize all the clothes we have received so far. Once we do that the nursery is all set up. It is nice to know that we are ready for baby if baby makes a surprise showing (very very doubtful, fully expected to make it to full term...40 weeks).

My co-workers have been beyond generous which is greatly appreciated but it leads to lots of organizing and mom may have more insight on how to do it since she has already raised two kiddos. I have a few pictures from work's baby shower and I will definitely take more myself of what I have gotten so I can document it. I do not want to forget their generosity. I will also post pictures of Mom's baby shower and of the baby shower Brian's work is throwing us.

We are getting closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment