Thursday, January 10, 2013

2012 Recap

As usual, the recap of the last year. It is a bit late but I am still not feeling to great with the pregnancy so I have to wait until I can sit up for a bit so I can blog. This year was a huge year.

January 2012:

We most importantly moved in New Years Day. I started trying to get the house in order. The guest room has actually not been changed that much since we moved in. I was also still working out.

February 2012:

Work through me a bridal shower since I technically wasn't a "Carter" at this point. :) February had lots of wedding planning.

March 2012:

Got married and officially became a "Carter" :) We continued to try and make our house a home. We put up paintings in the guest room and master bedroom and were still awaiting our wonderful blinds.

April 2012:

We started planning the back splash over the stove in the Kitchen. Still one of my favorite projects. Created a personal "To Do" list. Most of the stuff actually got done. I still have to finish typing the recipes, finish the scrap book and finish the wedding albums. And I got my IUD taken out so when it came to actually trying to have a child, if we needed infertility treatments we wouldn't have to wait any longer because I will have been off birth control for awhile. And we had a family of geese move in!

May 2012:

We finished the garage floor. The baby geese were murdered :( I hosted my first party at the house, a wine tasting which went great. The electric fence for Benjamin and Bailey were put in. Brian and I were revamping finances (something we are always doing).

June 2012:

Took pre-pregnancy photos. Planned the dream honeymoon which has become a dream 5 or even 10 year anniversary trip. Finished the back splash in the kitchen. I also took pictures of some of the rooms in the house. We also painted the Nursery and Dining Room.

July 2012:

My parents FINALLY moved down! I got some much needed time with the furry people :) With the family, came the furniture which finished a lot of the rooms in the house.

August 2012:

I went down to Charleston to help my parents get settled in. I did my first oil painting which turned out well and will be in the nursery if we ever get it hung. We finally got the roof fixed. This is about the time I stopped going to the gym as much.  Hind sight will explain why :)

September 2012:

Our labor day vacation was a lot of fun with my parents and we got a lot of work done. Dentist appointments for the both of us, carpets/tile/wood being cleaned, blinds put up in the garage, and mock Turkey Day with Mom and Dad. I also started getting weird dreams.

October 2012:

We got the easement sodded. Brian his wisdom teeth taken out. Hurricane Sandy came and went without much damage here but made us glad Mom and Dad weren't still in Connecticut.

November: 2012:

I was finally able to announce that I was not only 2 months pregnant but I was finished with my third month month as well. In October i found out I was exactly 8 weeks pregnant which means I probably conceived in August sometime. My first trimester was extremely rough and has gotten slightly better. I also went down to visit Mom and Dad in Charleston and saw Drayton Hall and of course celebrated Thanksgiving.

December 2012:

We got the fan up in the nursery, master bedroom painted, Christmas in Myrtle Beach, finished my 4th month, saw Tran Siberian Orchestra and the Basset Hound Waddle.

And that was 2012!

I did notice I generally havent blogged all that much this past year. It especially took a nose dive when i got pregnant. That is one thing I am going to try and do a better job of in 2013. Do more blogging and not just about the baby

No comments:

Post a Comment