Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Project: Living Room Entertainment center

I don't have a very good before picture but we completed a project the other day. It was a project that was low on our priority list but we had the money and with the baby coming it made sense to do it!

We had our TV in the living room on an old "entertainment center" it was old, heavy and big. Because of the size, shape, etc we needed more wires then necessary. It also made the TV pretty low and made our speakers be in a weird place.

Brian and I have been looking for a new one for several years. We have never been able to find one that we liked or could afford. And then we went to Costco. Found one we both liked for $200 which was in our price range. It was the right color, thinner and allowed us to put the TV up higher and put the speakers in the proper place. Because it is thinner the living room seems much bigger and the baby will have more crawling space when it comes to that. We will also be able to lose some wires which is also another baby proofing aspect I love.

Before:





You can barely see it....I told you my before picture stinks, I forgot to take one lol

After:






I love it and outside of the living room being a mess, I consider this room done minus some pictures that need to be hung somewhere

No comments:

Post a Comment