Monday, January 21, 2013

Pregnancy: Fifth month update

I am not happy with my dr's office. The doctors themselves are fine, as usual its the front office/administration staff that ruins the practice. The doctors appointment took way too long and there was no communication.

They told me last appointment that I had finished my fourth and starting my fifth so approximately four weeks later I should be finishing the fifth month and starting my 6th. This appointment which was 1.10.12, just about four weeks after the one before that, they tell me I am just under 22 weeks. They didn't change my due date, they just told me wrong before. So by my estimation, by the time this airs, I will have just finished my 5th month and entering my 6th.

Food: still limited but I know my boundaries so it isn't so bad. Baby has decided that it doesn't want our normal lunch routine so I am scrounging to figure out what I can eat for lunch. Lunch will become breakfast (don't worry, lunch was oatmeal) which is actually cheaper anyway. Baby does love red meat. You want to feed me something that won't cause any issues? Give me red meat. Steak, a roast, lamb...baby doesn't care it just likes red meat. I think I am low on iron. I don't want to over vitamize the baby by taking iron supplements so I have been playing with eating more broccoli, spinach and of course red meat. I am not craving red meat, its just the one food I can count on keeping down and I notice I don't drink ice water as fast (chewing on ice, wanting ice water is a sign of low iron) as I do when I don't eat red meat. I have actually not had any cravings and I wonder if that it is too early or I am eating eating of the right foods to not have cravings since all a craving is is your body telling you that you are low on something. The baby is an extreme health nut. I do need to improve on my vegetable intake but even outside of the pre-natals I am getting all the nutrients I need.

Sleep: I have noticed that I really need to eat before I go to bed. It makes me sleep deeper and longer and less starving when I get up (I still have to wait to go to work to eat otherwise I am guaranteed to get sick). However, the issue is I tend to fall asleep before I remember to eat again. Weird dreams continue, mostly about work now.

Sick: Still getting sick most mornings. Can't wait for that to end.

Pictures:



I am officially showing. Still very tiny, most of the people I know who are pregnant are about 4-6 weeks behind me and are bigger then I am and not in an unhealthy way from the look at it. I call it the stage where people are still hesitant to ask if you are pregnant but are 85% sure that you are. I am officially out of the "you look like you could lose 5lbs stage" I was stuck in before. The growth did happen almost over night. I know I'm going to pop because my abs and hip area hurt right before. I am also about to lose my innie belly button. I have gained around 15lbs at this point. I am going to beat my mom in lbs but not by much if my food intake doesnt get much better. I am supposed to gain 25-35lbs total. I have noticed my legs, arms and face is getting tinier. People say I look fuller in the face but I don't see it. I see more cheekbones then I ever did before.

I am starting to feel better enough to feel okay about exercising again so I am back at the gym on top of my morning/afternoon walks to walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes or so. I hope to remain as active as I safely can. Will help me not gain unnecessary weight, make birth easier and losing the baby weight easier. Plus it is a great stress reliever.

1 comment:

  1. You look great!!! Let me know your baby registry info so I can send a gift down!!!

    ReplyDelete