Sunday, January 29, 2012

The House: Guest Room, Guest Bath and Nursery

Getting the guest room, guest bath and nursery completed was the easiest rooms to do. As soon as the book cases are done we can finish the loft and office. The living room, kitchen and master are going to be the hardest.

The following rooms are not finished 100%. We have plans to paint the rooms and there is a picture that needs to be hung in the guest room but that really is about it. Oh and we have to get blinds up as well. Dave took the measurements and hopefully he will get back with us soon about that.

Guest Room:

Yup, if you have been following the blog you will be a bit confused as I had been calling this room the nursery from the get go. Based on the size of the room and where the doors were the furniture we had fit a lot better in this room then the other so we made this the guest room.

Excuse the curtains we are having to use as blinds

The bed and the book case/dresser are Brian's when he was growing up

The bed is made with hospital corners just like Daddy taught me :)


The bed is supposed to be a full but all of the full sheets barely cover it. It is fine for now but when I start feeling rich I am going to get a set of queen sheets and blankets so that our guests aren't fighting trying to keep the sheets on the bed as they sleep. One of Gramma's paintings is going to go right above the head board

Guest Bath:

Yup, that is the shower curtain from our master bath in the apartment

Me and the towels I got to go with the shower curtain
While I didn't like the pepto bismal pink bathroom, I did like our shower curtain in our apartment. Plus when we paint the guest room and nursery the shower curtain should go with both colors which I think will help tie the rooms together. I was reading someone's blog about how you should have towels and sheets specifically for guests. Since our bed now is a King all of our old sheets are now used for the guest room (until I feel rich and buy a set or two of Queen sheets for the guest room) but I did feel that it would make it easier to have specific towels for the guest room. I chose these light teal towels for this bathroom. The closet behind me holds the sheets, the matching bath towels and blankets for the guest room and the nursery. There isn't that many for the nursery just one set of twin sheets but when we get more that will be where they will go.

Nursery:




Not much to see at the moment. The furniture I am planning on putting in here wont be here till July when my parents move down. Because of that, this is probably going to be the first room to be painted after the Master Bedroom as it will be empty and easier to do. Currently it is where I am storing my craft supplies. I am not sure what is in those bags....I should probably find out shouldn't I?

So that is what we have "finished" so far. The kitchen, living room and master bedroom are getting there. We are waiting for a few things to get done but I should be able to post pictures of them soon. The dining room is almost done, we just have a few more boxes to unpack so that will probably be next.

No comments:

Post a Comment