Thursday, January 26, 2012

My 27th Birthday Party!

I was thrown a wonderful birthday part by the girls at work on the 20th! Remember the people I went to see the haunted house with back in October? These are the same girls! We have plans for nearly every month to get together! January they threw me a birthday/bachelorette party, in February I am hosting a wine tasting while doing wii Zumba/Lets Dance, in March Sherry and Janet are throwing a St Patty's day party and that is as far as we have gotten so far. I am having so much fun and I am so glad I met these girls. They are so helpful at work and so fun to be with after! I finally feel like an actual adult since I have a social life now!

Anyway we first met at a sushi place in the area that Anna and I live (Anna and I are basically neighbors). I did not try the sushi but I had the hibachi plate with a tnt roll (tnt roll=fried sushi) which was very yummy! I did not get any pictures but Anna advised that I should get a small even though we were there to pig out and boy was she right! The small was more then enough, hard for me to imagine what a large would be. Anna and Kelly had the same thing I did and Janet and Sherry had various sushi rolls. Everyone enjoyed their meals and I am excited to take Brian there!

We did have some drama though! Kelly showed up one week early and then Janet and Sherry showed up at the wrong location on the 20th! The restaurant is called King Kong sushi and there are two locations, one at Broadway and one where I live. Well, they went to the Broadway one. Anna, who was orchestrating the whole thing, was so embarrassed that she didn't make the location clear enough but it was definitely a good laugh. I think Anna did make it clear enough and Janet and Sherry were just so excited to come they didnt pay much attention. I have done that MANY a time and as far as I was concerned it only made the night better as we had something to laugh about as soon as Anna realized no one was mad at her :)

After dinner we all drove to Anna's house. Her house is so cute and she really is almost our neighbors. Our neighborhoods touch and if there weren't two houses in the way I could walk to her house. I thought we were just going for a glass of wine and girl talk but they planned an actual party with a cake and presents! I even got to practice my proper southern poses. ALL southern girls put their hands on their hips in pictures....us northern girls haven't really figured out what to do with our hands so when Janet, Anna and I take a picture together it is quite comical as it is clear that I am NOT a southern girl. Janet was awesome and took pictures for me!

Anna and Sherry opening the wine

Kelly (Left) and Sherry (Right)

Me showing off Anna's present!

Me and Janet...I am trying to figure out how to hold a glass of wine and put my hand on my hip

Sherry and I

Sherry being funny and me with my southern belle look

Me blowing out the candles on the cake Anna made me!

Me buy the presents and decorations!

Me opening Kelly's present

Me laughing at Sherry's present :)

Me and Kelly's present!
I had a wonderful time! The girls are all so sweet and funny. The evenings go buy so fast but I love how we all found each other. If any of the girls are reading this: Thank you! The gifts and cake were unnecessary but greatly appreciated! Can not thank you girls enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment