Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Whew!

The house is coming along. Everything is fixed with the plumbing and the wiring, we are now just waiting till the end of the 30 days to get the final touch ups. The USPS still has yet to validate our address and we did our mail forwarding a week before we moved....do any of you know how long it takes for the USPS to validate an address? Fortunately our bills are mostly electronic but we have things we need to order and are currently stuck using other people's homes.

The wedding is within 2 months. Two of the bridesmaids dresses are in, I haven't heard about the other girls. I am getting my dress fitted on Saturday the 21st and hopefully Brian and I will get our wedding bands that day as well. We may have an issues with getting Pansies (the flower that inspired it all) and I frankly don't care that much. I would still like them and we will still try but if we can't find pansies oh well, other flowers will work just as well.

I have been working tons of over time while it is being offered. Our goal is to make 1 extra mortgage payment each year (just doing that will knock about 12 years off the loan, making 2 extra payments doesnt make enough of a difference to make it worth the effort or struggle). So to do this we need to save $115 each month so at the end of the year we can make that payment. My idea is that the first $150 (yes we like to over estimate, it usually works in our favor) I make in overtime each month will go towards that. Any money from overtime after that will be used for whatever we decide needs it more at the time. Right now it is Brian's credit card, it might be projects later on, or it might just go to savings.

I am working on getting the house ready for pictures but cleaning/organizing is still hard as we are still missing things we need. This weekend my parents are taking us to Charleston for my bday but we are coming back on Sunday (my actual birthday) and I think Brian and I are going to use that as the big push of getting everything we can organized so I can start taking pictures and showing you.

I will leave you a picture of our bath tub in the master....


Yes those are the big fluffy cow, big fluffy duck and big fluffy penguin that almost take up the entire seat of Brian's recliner hanging out in the same tub with plenty of room. I am in heaven :)

No comments:

Post a Comment