Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Is it Saturday yet?

And I do not even know if I want it to be Saturday because that isn't any less busy. I will hopefully write a real post this weekend but I wanted to at least put a synopsis up as it has been 8 days since I updated.

1) I turned 27 on the 15th. Brian, my parents and I spent the time in Charleston looking at houses, eating WAY too much and just enjoying each others company. A real post on this later.

2) House is moving along. Bedroom furniture arrived so we are starting to put clothes away. Our bed doesnt require the box spring but Brian had it put in anyway so now the bed is ridiculously high. Brian LOVES it....I hate it. Once I am up I am fine though curious to see how close we would be to the ceiling fan we have yet to buy but I do not like getting up or down. The king size was a good move.

3) My friends from work are throwing me a bachelorette/birthday party on Friday. A real post with pictures from that awesomeness. We are going to eat a sushi place (never had sushi before so we shall see) and then hang out at Anna's house who incidentally lives in the next neighborhood

4) Washer and Dryer are still not here but I gave up waiting on them and am using Caroline's washer/dryer. Because of this I am back at the gym. I started Monday and boy am I sore! Janet, one of my friends at work, somehow convinced me that I should join the running club at work so now we are signed up for a 5k and a 10k. I have two goals: 1) finish and 2) hopefully stay running the whole time...maybe not fast but I do not want to walk at any point if I can help it. Goal number 1 is more important then goal number 2. I will do a separate post on my new regime but let me just say running is not for me.

5) I got some birthday money for work clothes so I went shopping! I never used to understand how people could go nuts with shopping. Whenever I would go I would end up in tears because nothing fit me right so I was lucky to find something to spend my money on let alone somethings to make me spend too much money. Well, with the weight loss and tone I can definitely understand how someone can go overboard. I had a very successful trip and it may have been the first time in 27 years I did not cry shopping for clothes! First time for everything right? I plan to do a photo shoot as well for this.

6) Work is going well. We have another test coming up on the 27th so I am studying very hard. We have had overtime offered to us even though we are still trainees so I have been doing a lot of that. Still having fun but I had my first bawler.....not crying, absolutely bawling. I felt so bad, I could definitely understand her frustration and I tried to make her feel better but I think I ended up just making it worse. Definitely not fun, I was able to resolve the situation by the time the phone call ended but I just felt so bad for the caller. :(

Anyway Saturday is more overtime but after that a bridesmaid and I am going to get our dresses fitted and if there is time Brian and I are buying our wedding bands. Less then 6 weeks.....

No comments:

Post a Comment