Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I am becoming a Godmommy! and the GRE's

So I am loving these weekly dinners at Caroline's with Alyson and the gang. It is just so nice to be with great friends and just confirms that I was right about Caroline and Alyson and the relationships were there and real and I wasn't making them up or looking too much into them (I apparently have issues with over analyzing relationships and thinking they are more then what they really are). I love getting to know their family even better, it has made life at the beach just so much better. Having friends to see can really change one's perspective! The weeks have been flying by. In less then 10 days I will be watching my other best friend Nicole getting married :) I have to pick up the dress from the tailors tomorrow. And a  month after that I will be at home in CT for Thanksgiving! SO exciting!

Anyway, Alyson's kids are not baptized yet. Austin is 8 Madelyn is 2. She was never against baptizing them but didn't have anyone in her life she could trust her kids to if God forbid anything were to happen so she wasn't going to do it until she found those people. She also wanted all her kids to have the same god parents so they wouldn't get too split up, etc. So she has asked me to be the Godmommy to both her kids and in theory if she has anymore in the future to those children as well. Goddaddy will be a gentleman named Walker who is Alyson's cousin. One thing I have learned about Caroline is that she is more religious then I thought. This whole baptism process is turning out to be a lot different then I thought. I kinda thought you just showed up at the church the day of the baptizing, went through the ceremony and voila! God parents. Now what you did after that was your thing. Some God parents are more involved then others and I guess that is personally their choice. I hope to be involved in these kids lives as long as they want me to be.

I actually have to go take classes which might mean I have to find my bible....I hope it is here with me. And of course all these classes are on Sundays which is really hard for me to get off of work since I am the only one who works Sundays. I have other people with me but they rotate as no one else really wants to work on Sunday. So I have had to do some finagling with my schedule since I cant request off as others have requested it off before me and I don't another co-worker to have to work for me since she always goes to Church on Sundays. This Sunday I am going at 8am with Caroline just to get familiar with the Church and will head to work afterwards. On the 10th I wont be here as I will be participating in a Wedding :). On the 17th and 24th of October the classes start at 10am and go to 11am so I will go to work at 7am, work till 9:30, get to the class and come back to work and work till 4 to finish my 8 hours. The actual baptism is on November 21st the day before I leave for my Thanksgiving break. This is going to take a bit more finagling. I have run out of vacation days and don't want to take it unpaid and dont want to borrow against next years vacation time but I have to be there and it will be an all day thing. I won a contest over a year ago at work and I am hoping my boss will let me trade the prize I have yet to receive and give me an extra vacation day so I could use that on November 21st. It will save the company about $30 dollars or so and would really work better for me so as far as I can see it is a win/win. My boss and I have talked about this before and he wasnt ever against the idea and seemed to be intrigued by it but it just hasnt happened yet. I never pushed because I didnt need it yet. I sent him an email so hopefully :)

This Friday Alyson and I are going to have a movie night since Brian has to work. Brian has also been working really hard at school and filling out his Grad School Application. He takes the GRE's today and so he is moving forward there. I am so excited about Friday. I am not sure what is going on after work on Sunday if I am coming home or going to Caroline's. I figure I will wait and see.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, girl! I am SO glad you commented and told me you thought that...it would have NEVER occurred to me to think that! I, unfortunately, get to busy and don't make the reach too often to say thank you or no worries...I'm glad you are reading! It had NOTHING to do with any person...only what was going on inside of me! I'm sorry for the miscommunication!

    ReplyDelete