Wednesday, September 29, 2010

It is looking alot like Christmas!

Every where we turn.....

Not really but it is wet and rainy which is a typical CT Christmas...it just isnt cold :). Anyway I ALWAYS get on the xmas gift train early and well we are starting in September this year so I can plan for more people. I have ignored alot of friends based on not planning long enough ahead and running out of room in the budget. I HAVE to get better this year and in the future. I think the South is getting to me in this aspect, I have to get better at sending cards out as friendly catch ups and remembering holidays and birthdays if only a card.  So I am taking a break from cleaning (I still have to vacuum, organize the bedroom which is ALWAYS the room that gets forgotten and some more laundry) to show you what I like, so far, for xmas/bday ideas.

Rachel's Xmas list:

L.L. Bean:

I love getting this catalog but it makes me sad at the same time. There is SO much stuff that I like but SOOO much stuff I cant or should not get as I am in the South and dont need it.  Alot of this is clothing because I still feel like I have nothing that actually fits right or looks right, still trying to get a wardrobe that I dont feel like a ragamuffin if I am not in work clothes. :)

Cotton/Cashmere Sweaters: Code GG266965 Turtleneck. I think I am a size Medium. I would prefer Solid colors and the only color I dont think would look good would be the Turquoise Heather.

Bean's Fitness Fleece:  Zip front Hoodie, Misses GG255418. Black/Brown goes with everything but I always get jackets in those colors in my attempt to match and not feel like a ragamuffin even though I still do. So maybe a fun color? Up to you guys but the only color out of the choices I see that I dont think would look good on me is the Golden Cider and lets stay away from white since I am like the Clorax pads you put into the wash...I am a stain magnet. Sizing....Lets say Medium, I would like to be able to wear more then just a tshirt underneath and according to their chart a Medium should be a little big

Bean's Fleece-lined Hoodie: Misses GG258799. As this is a jacket jacket I think I would need/want the Navy color or Chocolate Brown. A color easy to match with everything else is very important...I failed that part of Kindergarten and am finally getting the hang of it now :). Size: lets stick with Medium.

Vacationland Sport Casuals:  Mary Jane GG264287. I cant decide between the Brown or Black. And they come in Wide as well and since I get my amazing feet from my wonderful Daddy the size should be something Wide. I am thinking 9w. These look so comfy and would give my other work shoes a break so I wouldn't wear them out completely.

Bean's Swift River Sweaters; Long Button Front Hoodie, Misses GG264946. Any color other then Cream....stains would show up a bit too much on it hehe. Size: probably a Medium.

Hearthside Slippers: Moccasin GG264582. I really like the Bright Berry or Chocolate. Size 9

LL Bean also has lots of shirts, long and short sleeved that I like. But you can get those anywhere :) Vneck look better on me if I am just wearing it by myself but I have several wool sweaters that I would need crew or turtle neck for...

Maybe it is a good thing for you all that I dont live anywhere colder :-\.

Footie Pajamas! Do NOT get them from Bigfeetpjs.com! That is where I got my first pairs, and boy do they shrink! I could not wear them cause they didnt just shrink once..they kept on shrinking. Plus the butt flap didnt work quite right...you could see my bum with the flap up. I found what looks like a better place:


Adult Footie Pajamas!

I would like two. One with a drop seat and one without. There is no preference in fabric whether it be flannel or fleece doesn't really matter.  I really like the Penguin ones:


I should be a size 5 for them.

J Jill:


Point Knit Pencil Skirt: I dont know if I am Misses or Petite but the code is XM038B or XM038BP for petite. I would like it in black. I think this would be perfect for work or just casually :)

I think I would be Medium...the only question would be Medium Petite or Medium Misses

That is it for me.

Brian's list:

Polos: size XL
Khakis: size 36"x30"
Button downs: casual and dress size XL
Belt: Brown and Black
Gift Cards to Jos. A Banks.
Gift Cards to Bed Bath and Beyond

Catch a theme? Brian needs clothes for work since he is graduating in December :) Bed Bath and Beyond is something fun for the kitchen his choice :)

Anyway, obviously these are gifts and are unexpected and a privilege to receive not an absolute guarantee. I recognize this and only post these ideas for the people who would like to know what we would like. My family grew up on coming up with a list of ideas and mailing/emailing them to the relatives who asked for help. I have just taken our lists and brought it up to speed with technology :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I thought I was the only one getting started on Christmas lists.
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete