Thursday, September 30, 2010

GRE's, Gymnastics, and random ramblings

Brian is not a fan of the GRE's especially not the online version. Apparently when you take the test online whenever you get an answer right it gives you a harder question. Taking the test in paper that cant happen. You get your X amount of questions and those questions dont change based on your answer. We have to wait 15 days for the results. He is a much better test taker then I am and he often does well, even if not as well as he would have liked, on tests/quiz's he isnt sure about so hopefully the GRE's will follow suit.

Gymnastics may be opening up a second class. It would be on Monday's at 8pm. For the past month we have had 4-5 people, and at least 3 expressed interest in another class. We talked about it last Wednesday and Brodie came in all prepared and excited to tell us this Wednesday and it was only me and Will. At first it looked like it was only going to be me. I like Crossfit people being there....it is just frustrating that they are catching up so fast and getting further then I am. I like to think I look prettier then they do other then Monica...I dont mind her bypassing me...she was level 9 and a Ballerina. I have my front tuck now which is pretty cool. I did 5 in a row and I think 10 total yesterday. I have figured out that I get bored when I am not falling. If I am falling I am being challenged and learning something new which is fun. If I am not falling I am not learning anything new, bye bye challenge  and the fun kinda goes away. I need to get Brodie to teach me something new. Maybe a new flip...like a front tuck twist (my term not theirs) which is a Front tuck and turning at the very last second. I also want to be able to do a standing back tuck (from standing, jump up and flip backwards with legs going over head and landing on feet).

So I will be stopping Curves (if I ever manage to get back) in January. I will do two classes at gymnastics as long as they have them and go to their gym in the mean time. If the two classes stop I will think about doing Crossfit more seriously then. What I love about both scenarios is that there is no contract so if our plans do a complete 180 and we leave the beach I am not screwed in terms of contracts.

I am not liking Brian's last semester. I cant remember the last time he was home before 6pm. Tonight he will get home at 7:30. Between classes, applying to grad school, setting up his schools Computer Science club and working extra hours I never see him. That and my schedule doesnt help things either. Tomorrow, since he is working, Alyson and I are going to have a movie night! Sunday Brian may be home and I may be going to Church and maybe over to Carolines afterwards. We have been trying to see Toy Story 3 for over a month now and can never make it. We are aiming for next week....hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment