Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Weight Loss Update and Tupperware party

Welcome to Blogger!

So according to Curves I am no longer obese as their tests showed in January I am merely over weight. I do not believe I was ever Obese. Was I overweight? Of course! But Obese???? If I was obese the people that I think of being Morbidly Obese (350 + lbs) I dont know. It blows my mind.

So I have been slack about going to Curves. August was hell with work and the end of the summer season. September has eased up but we are still full because it is now group season. I had to pull a lot of over time (yay money but boo exhaustion)  to help cover for coworkers because as I like to call it ...life happened. I have not missed a single gymnastics class and that has moved to one day a week. I love the extra time I have but I miss the second class. Brodie, my coach, has become one of my best friends even though I only see him during class.

I finally got a chance to go back to Curves yesterday. I am skipping today because I tend to do better at gymnastics if I don't do Curves. I figured this out recently. I felt really good after going yesterday partly due to the exercise (I think that word is spelled wrong, for some reason I have issues with that word and rely on spell check and now it just looks weird) but I also got weighed for the first time since July. Told you I had become slack! Well even with me not going as often as they wanted me to I still managed to lose 3 lbs and 3 1/2 inches making my total weight loss: 18 lbs and inches: 21 1/2. I now weight 160 which is what my drivers license says and 10 lbs away from my goal.

So my goals in January were:

Bust: 36"
Waist: 27" (Can you believe Scarlett O'Hara's waist was 17"?????)
Abdomen: 35"
Hips: 38" (I think she was having a blonde moment on that one)
Thighs: 24"
Arm: 12"

Where I am now

Bust: 35.5"
Waist: 28.5"
Abdomen: 36"
Hips: 41"
Thighs: 24.5"
Arms: 12.5"

So I have beat one of my goals and am very close to the others :)

I have made a decision about Curves. We really don't know what is going to happen in December/January. We are several options...hoping for some more then others but at this point it is really anyone's guess. My contract with Curves ends in January at which point I can leave and do whatever or stay and go monthly for the same price. If we end up staying in the area I think I am going to leave Curves. It has obviously worked and I am very grateful to them but I like a challenge. I like doing things that shock other people hence why I did Outward Bound, Gymnastics, and heck moving down here. I like signing up for things that people would never expect and succeed in them. It is how I live my life and Curves is no longer a challenge. I dont know if it ever was but it helped get me to a fitness level where I could sign up for more challenging programs etc. I am definitely going to go do something else fitness related on top of gymnastics but I am not sure what. I figure I have until January to figure that out though I do have an idea.

Okay on a completely different note, I got invited to my friend Caroline's house for a Tupperware party. Caroline was one of my favorite managers of all time at Victoria's Secret. She was the one I walked in and gave my application to, she was the one who interviewed me (my favorite interview session so far), and she was the one to call me asking if I was still interested. She and I became very good friends and since I left Victoria's Secret we have fallen out of contact as both our lives got very busy. She also has a daughter that is 3 years and 1 day older then I am Allyson. Allyson is just as much fun. I love that family. We have so much in common and I really miss them but it looks like we have gotten back in contact. Allyson and Caroline are selling Tupperware and Allyson is just starting so they were doing her first show and I was invited. It was so much fun! My other good friend Cindi from VS was there, Brodie's mom and cousin were there (Brodie's family and Caroline are next door neighbors and Caroline's son Blake works and is a Coach for UGA my gymnastics company). The party started at 6 and of course I was the first one there and I ended up leaving around 10pmish. The time just flew by and it felt so good to be with friends again. Brodie's mom is really awesome, Allyson had her friend Alli there and Alli is a sweetheart as well. I spent a lot of time with Austin, Allyson's son who is about 8 or so, talking about the Lego video games and the Transformers, etc. He is just so sweet! I dont know if he fully remembers me but what a sweet little boy. Allyson's daughter Madelyn who is 2 now was there as well. Last time I really saw her she was 6 months old and was sleeping in my arms as I sold bras to women at VS. Madelyn is definitely 2 and I do not know how Allyson handles her! I was exhausted just watching her! The party was a blast and we have all vowed to do it again and not be strangers. Life is just not as fun without them. In fact I think Allyson is going to gymnastics with me tonight! So excited!

2 comments:

  1. Wow did you know that Brodie's mon was Caroline's neighbor? What a small world! Also, kudo's on the continued weight loss. You are awesome! :o)

    ReplyDelete