Thursday, March 24, 2011

Parents trip

My parents came down this past weekend and Brian and I had a blast! It was SO nice to see them and so nice to be off on an actual weekend...though it did feel very weird.

Friday night we ate dinner with Caroline and Kurt at a restaurant called Travinia's. An old favorite but it definitely dropped on our "go to places" after the experience. Food was great but Kurt had to steal silverware and the band was playing WAY too loud. We could barely hear each other. They were asked to quiet down but they never did. Apparently they are doing music 4 out of 7 nights so Brian and I wont be back there for awhile but it was so much fun to get together with Kurt and Caroline! Full of laughs when we could finally hear what the other person was saying!

Saturday we woke up early and went to Charleston to look at houses for possible places for my parents to retire. We saw about 6 or 7 but only 4 really stuck out as being good possibilities. Outside of the last one where we all think my mom is nuts, Brian and Dad agreed and Mom and I agreed. It was definitely very interesting and alot of fun on our side. I hope they had fun as well. I apparently gave them great fodder for laughs when I announced (because they were teasing me for picking out rooms for nurseries) that in 18months when they are moving Brian and I will hopefully be married and trying to have a baby and a baby will have to have a place to sleep. I don't know why they found that funny...I, like my father, always plan long term (I started looking at colleges in 9th grade) and well they know I want babies!

For lunch we went to Blossoms. Food was good again for the most part. My dad got the crabcakes which did not come out as we had expected so we all kept throwing food at him since he got so little. The service was a bit lacking. They were busy and there was a woman in the next table who insisted that the waiter describe EVERY dish in great detail but it did give us a time to talk about all the houses we saw. I think that helped out alot.

On the way home from Charleston we stopped and saw a plantation called Hopsewee. This plantation is advertised in Myrtle Beach and I have always heard good things about it. Plus it was RIGHT on the way home so we decided to stop buy. I think it is safe to say we were all pretty dissappointed. A lot of the history was done with a video and when going through the house alot of the story was "there was this but I dont know what happened". I kept hearing "I dont know" which I didnt like so much. I did grab some pictures of the outside.






Saturday night we ate at our new favorite restaurant Maggie D's. It was very slow but they warned us that they were backed up as we walked into the restaurant. Food was great as usual. I have been eating my parents left overs and SO good! After that we raced back home to watch Pee Wee Hermans LIVE on Broadway show. I enjoyed it alot. My parents left saying that it was much better on Broadway, which is to be expected, but I still enjoyed it.

Sunday we met at a restaurant called Mcallister's for lunch and then said good bye :( One good thing about them looking to retire here is that if they want to by a house in around 18 months they need to be come back within a year to do more searching :)

No comments:

Post a Comment