Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Randomness

Sorry I haven't blogged in awhile...things have been going on but I just haven't had time to fully sort things out. My parents are coming on Friday (YAYAYAYYAYAYAYAY) so I am working a very long week to get Sat/Sun off. We are also very busy getting the house clean.

Knitting: Going well, I am getting faster but I think that might be causing me to get fewer squares out of my skeins. The last skein I finished had BARELY enough to finish...literally. This skein is looking like it is going to be the same way. I am not sure which is better....more squares out of a skein or faster making squares. I have about 12 squares right now?? I haven't counted yet. After this skein I think I should have enough for two rows..maybe being 1 or two squares short.

Brian's work: He is going well. He is excited for the weekend. Not only are my parents coming but it will be his first day off in 21 days. He will have officially ended his two week notice (but may work a few more Saturdays to help out and for the extra money) and will finally get to have a true weekend. As of right now...that means we will never have a weekend off together anymore. Unless something changes, my days off are Weds/thurs and his are Sat/Sun. He does get home at 6pm M-F but by the time dinner is made it is almost time to go to bed. Fortunately I get home 4ish on Sat/Sun so we will have the afternoons together at least.

Car/House: We are busy crunching numbers, coming up with a game plan. I would love to get both a year from now, give or take but I definitely want to do at least one of them. Brian's Chevy Aveo is a death trap and needs replacing sooner then later. And I want a house. We are deciding which we can afford and which to get first. He has wanted a Ford Fusion for several years now. This would be the first car he has ever picked out and bought and the idea is that this car would last 10+ years. The Fusion he wants is going to run 33k with the options he wants. We are trying to figure out when we can buy it. He has worked so hard to get where he is and while neither of us want to make a stupid. irresponsible financial mistake  we both really want him to get the car he wants with the options he wants. It's not like he is trying to buy a Nissan GTS (His DREAM DREAM DREAM car). We are now trying to figure out how to afford it and actually enjoy life at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment