Sunday, May 8, 2011

Brian spoils me :)

As he should ;)

Ha ha no really he does. He has always been the king of presents and surprises. No matter how hard I try my gifts always fall short it seems. He is always grateful and loves them but I am, for the first time in my life, "losing" in the best gift department. Often he seems to know me and what I want better then I do..which I suppose is a good thing. One of my favorite presents is an Add-A-Pearl necklace. I have several (I don't want to get off the couch to count) pearls now. I get them usually on a holiday like my birthday or Christmas but I also get them somewhat randomly like after Brian got out of the hospital. I love my Add-A-Pearl necklace and can't wait until I have enough to connect and put it in a frame and hang it (it is too special for me to wear and risk breaking).

I wanted to share and document some of my other favorite presents:






Brian got me this Snoopy for our first Christmas together. He is always calling me snoopy (I try not too...) and it is become one of our "things". I walked in to a new dresser (we were not living together at this point) to keep some clothes at his place and a Snoopy doll. This one represents the first big step in Brian's and my relationship.





Brian gave me this Penguin awhile back, neither of us can remember when. I think it was a birthday present. He is big and fluffy and squishy. I love Penguins! I call them Pen Pens and would love to have one as a pet (they are so cute!) For the longest time it stood between the bed and the corner of the room watching over us protecting us in his sleep.





This was this years Easter present. Easter Snoopy! Easter Snoopy sits on big Snoopy's lap on my dresser Brian got me.





Brian got me this fuzzy cow after he graduated college. I love cows too and nick name them Moo Cows (I swear I am 26 not 5) but Brian calls them Poo Cows. He got the "Poo Cows" from when we went to Brookgreen Gardens and visited their "zoo" and the cow pasture smelled of Poo. Don't worry, I correct Brian every time he calls the "Poo Cow". :)





This fluffy ducky I got the week after the cow. Brian made the mistake of finding it and mentioning that they were discontinuing it. I love ducks as well and had a blast when my High School made the AP Biology students get baby ducks and raise them. I was the number 1 babysitter and still wish I could figure out a way to have one of my own now. When I heard that A) the company made a duck and B) that the Duck was being discontinued I asked Brian to get me it. I kept reminding him and all of a sudden a box came in the mail for me :)

Right now all three squishy animals share our double bed. The penguin is by my head as it is smaller, then the cow and then the duck. My plan is that when we have kids, each child will get an animal. I like gender neutral themes so it should work. Baby number 1 will get a duck theme so they will have the squishy duck, some rubber duckies (some Caroline gave me and one is from Ireland), and a wooden toy duck that one of my favorite homeowners gave me (otherwise known as Momma Cohen). I am thinking a light green paint for the walls. Baby #2 will get a cow theme with the squishy cow with maybe a light yellow for the color and Baby #3 will have a penguin theme and get the squishy penguin and a light blue for the walls. As we get closer to baby #2 and 3 I will gain accessories :) Don't want to get too ahead of ourselves. Baby #4 I am still unsure of...maybe Snoopy themed? Again don't want to get ahead of myself :)

I just think it would be so sweet if our babies loved on the same stuffed animals I loved on. And isn't that how you find a perfect theme for anything? Find something you love and design around that? I think I may even have some things from my own childhood that I could incorporate and hopefully I can get some stuff from Brian's too.

But in the mean time they keep me warm and away from the cold wall :)

No comments:

Post a Comment