Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Happy Memorial Day!

Brian's and my weekend was uneventful. He had a 3 day weekend and I had a regular work week.

Wednesday was a roller coaster because of two things.

1) I had a form to fill out that asked one question and then a computer transfers that answer to a similar question on another form. Except the answer to the first form was No and the second forms answer was supposed to be Yes. So I had a bit of a panic attack and if I am honest I threw a temper tantrum out of panic with my Mom on the phone. Sorry Mommy :( I can't/won't tell you that was the most appropriate response but I did feel better after. I just think it was all the stress leading up to this and making sure everything was correct and there were no errors and that this discrepancy would/could ruin everything.

2) Brian's student loans came through A LOT higher then what we thought. If we did nothing our current lives would be too extravagant which is odd as we don't live extravagantly at all. At the time, we couldn't find any legitimate information on consolidation and Brian had just finished venting and got me all panicked about being poor for the rest of our lives and not knowing what we did wrong. So of course there was another crying session with Mom about how we had worked so hard to do everything the right way and yet we were in worse spots then some people I know who haven't done things (for whatever reason) in the traditional/right way.  The next day Brian had found out that he could legitimately consolidate his loans so we have put through the paperwork for that. It will take 60-90 days for that to go through.

So about the house.... we are thinking about doing a provisional contract that basically says that we get the lot and the house and will buy it as long as his student loans and the change goes through the way we need them to. If for whatever reason they don't or we change our minds we can get out and get our earnest money back, otherwise we move forward. Brian is liking the house more and more which is surprising to me. I knew he liked the house but I would have thought I would be the one who would want it more after a week or two, not him. So in his eyes we are doing it. My only real hesitation is that we aren't married.

I don't know what Brian is waiting for and he wont talk to me about it seriously for the most part other then asking me if I am planning on going somewhere. He keeps saying it's my fault that I wont agree to the wedding (him being dressed as the joker and me as Harley Quinn and the groomsmen Batman, Robin, etc and bridesmaids Poison Ivy, Catwoman, etc) and that he doesn't make the rules he just enforces them. *head desk* We are basically married anyway, nothing would change other then I get my white dress and a party. Real life wouldn't change except for taxes....

Other then that, nothing has changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment