Friday, March 23, 2012

Opinions please!

So we are starting to think about tiling. We have quickly learned that tiling the back splash behind the oven is going to be our first tiling project and I think I have the tile I like in mind so I will grab a picture of those and will post it.

Meanwhile we are thinking about the second tiling project, the master bathroom. We were in Lowes the other day picking up supplies and we started looking at tile. I just wanted to price it out, Brian was a bit more serious about. We think we may have come up with a possibility but I would like opinions on it before I say yes. I think it will look good but I just want to make sure.

So here is a picture of the master bedroom now (side ways)

Here are the pictures of the tiles we found:

The overall design of the floor

The border
The top picture will be what the pattern is and instead of using the same "border" they did Brian and I think using the bottom picture would be cool. Each line of squares are actually the same size as the "border" in the above picture. The solid squares are 4X4 if that helps you visualize.

I think I like it because there is a pattern that I think isn't to busy or much and it is still neutral in color without being boring. I want to be able to paint the bathroom whatever whenever and not have to worry about matching the tile...I want the tile to be able to match whatever I chose to do in the bathroom and I think this accomplishes it. For comparisons sake, the vinyl squares are 12X12 in the master bath currently.

What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment