Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Goin on a bear hunt

I am going on an adventure after work today! We had a huge storm, kind of, Monday night. It had been VERY windy so hundreds of starfish got dislodged from the rocks they were living on and ended up on the beach in Pawley's Island.

The beach covered, courtesy of The Sun News

Pawley's Island is the town next door to me on the south side and is a barrier reef. (Ms. Micki learned that from a jeep tour she took). Brian and I have driven through it before but I have never actually been to the beach part. My original idea was to get Brian to take me when he gets home but that isn't looking all that likely so I will try to find it on my way home from work.

Burried Starfish, Courtesy: The Sun News
I hope they are still there. The newspaper article tells people that they don't need to throw them back in, that nature will handle it but I am sure some people will take them home with them (it is difficult to tell if they are dead or alive) or thrown them back in. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment