Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I am sorry I have been absent....

Knitting is going okay. My schedule has completely changed and I have been having trouble finding a new routine.

I have been  doing a lot of cooking lately. If Brian is ever in charge (maybe once a week if that) we end up eating out or ordering in. So far I have made Chicken Carbanara, Spaghetti, Chicken with Capers and Artichokes, Cheese Souffle, a neat twist on Tuna Melts and that was last weeks schedule. This week we are having Alton Brown's Ham recipe, Gnocchi and Acorn squash, a lamb recipe, a Greek chicken skillet meal and last night we had a cheesy chicken recipe from the back of a stove top box (good, easy, and quick).  I like cooking I just hate the dishes. Also we are having trouble with leftovers. We have SO many. Most meals last a long time...longer than I will admit because my mom will fall off her chair. We can of course halve some but not all. :-\. I guess it is better to have too much then too little.  I haven't decided if we are saving a ton of money doing this. We are eating out a lot less but we are also having to buy more food. I am probably not saving anything. Brian probably is saving more. Who knows since our bills are separate and we haven't done it long enough to actually track.

Brian and I need a break. We have had Saturdays off together for the past 3 weeks or so and that has been wonderful but we need an actual escape. We have some farms apparently in the area where we can pick berries. I have to work this Saturday but hopefully, if I get next Saturday off we can do that. After that maybe I can get Sat/Sun off and we can go to Atlanta which is on my list of things to do. Brian is in trouble though...because after Atlanta we only have one more place in GA I want to see and we are going to do that next time we go to FL to see the in-laws. After GA guess what has gone on the list? Tennessee! Can you say Dollywood :)

No comments:

Post a Comment