Monday, April 18, 2011

"The Kalahari Typing School for Men" ~Alexander McCall Smith

April's book was "The Kalahari Typing School for Men" by Alexander McCall Smith.
This is the 4th book in the "The No. 1. Ladies' Detective Agency"  series.

I like these books because they are quick and easy to read. They have an interesting story line and I do have a fondness for all the characters. The way they analyse life and the changing of generations is relatable for every culture and true, in many aspects, in every culture not just an African culture.

I am getting a bit bored by the story line. It would make a great TV series and I am sure HBO is enjoying it. This series would not be hard to make into a television series unlike other books they have attempted. The two main characters just do the same thing all the time. The situations might fluctuate a little and new characters are introduced but it is still just the same. I did read a Nora Roberts book in between to maybe get rid of the repitition but I don't think it helps. The positive side affect of this is I can read half a book early in the month, not touch it until the end and pick up right where I left off with no issues.

I will probably read a couple more of these. There are 12 so far in the series and I think he is writing more. I do not know if it is good enough to read all 12 + though it would make my new years goal very easy but I will continue reading until I fully decide if I want to continue or not.

May will be a Nora Roberts book. I had bought myself the Irish trilogy which I read one book of so far and several of my monthlies have actually given me Nora Roberts books after seeing me read some of her books so I am all set for that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment