Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Ugh

I am in a bit of a funk today :-\. Yesterday did not go as planned, my knitting schedule is still off kilter and there just doesnt seem to be enough hours in the day.

Yesterday was my day off that I don't have to do anything. I have been getting Saturdays off and Brian and I spend those together. My other day off I don't do anything except knit which is how I like it. My plan for yesterday was to finish the current square I was working on. If I could have done that I would have been back on schedule.

Yesterday Brian invited me out to lunch which was nice. I enjoyed seeing him but I drove 45 +/- each way to spend 30 minutes eating lunch so a big chunk of my day was gone and spent in a car driving in the rain.

Then Brian came home and we were planning on spending 5 minutes before his game night on my Mom's website to freshen it up before her huge mailer goes out. That turns into an hour long project because wordpress isn't cooperating with our "blog" idea for the website. We will get it to work somehow but I wasn't planning on taking so long with it.

Then we had dinner. Brian was a sweetie and stayed with me and helped me cook but it still took longer then I thought. We were having pork paprikash and it wasn't as good as we had hoped. It used Pork tenderloin which we get at Costco and use to make Pork Wellington. We thought it would be good to get another recipe using Pork tenderloin so we dont get sick of the wellington but this recipe definitely is not a keeper.

All in all, I did not finish my square. I stayed up until 11pm so I could get it to a point where I could finish it today and start a new one and hopefully play catch up and still finish on time. I am 2 inches away from being done. Nothing really bad happaned but I was so hoping yesterday would go by schedule and it didnt.

I am a very schedule oriented person so when my schedule changes or is in limbo, I tend to get anxious. Between me requesting Saturdays off so I can be with Brian, my allergies acting up so bad last week that I could barely function and just little stuff I feel like everything is up in the air and I hate that.  The last time I felt this way I made a To Do list that I had to get done that day and it made me feel better.

So this is today's To Do:

Finish the square
Post about Charleston*
Post about Starfishes*
Start another square
Make dinner (Chicken Pot Pie...hopefully this recipe will be good)
Continue square

*These will be written tonight but will be scheduled to post Thursday/Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment