Sunday, June 17, 2012

Show Us Your Life: Bedrooms

I am late as usual linking up with Kelly Korner's Show Us Your Life. This week has been very busy so even though I had less work to do getting the bedrooms prepped I did not have time during the week like I thought I would.

This week is Bedrooms. You have seen the Master before but I took more recent pictures. You have also seen our guest bedroom but I am going to re-post those as well. I was going to include what will be the nursery but will be another guest room until then but it just isn't ready so I will wait on that one.

Oh, I should also point out that my nice, newly cleaned kitchen is in shambles at the moment. The back splash is being finished as I type this and while it looks wonderful I realize I have become more like my Mom like I thought because the mess is driving me nuts.

Okay onto the rooms that are actually neat and clean...for the most part:

The Master Bedroom:


This is what you see walking into the Master Bedroom area. To the right is the living room and the wall on the left is the stairs to the upstairs.


This is what I have on the bookcase. The top picture is my brother and I, the picture on the second frame is Gamma, me and Dad at my 8th grade graduation, third shelf has random photo's of Brian and the 4th shelf is my dad and me in Ireland and my and my high school best friend Kristen. The yellow ducky on the second shelf will move into the nursery. There is also a basset hound ornament next to the yellow ducky.


This is a close up of the picture of Gamma, me and Dad. The frame is a wedding present from my brother.


And then you turn around and you see the main entry of the Master Bedroom


Our bed, we don't need the box springs but they were put on when the bed was set up and Brian loves the height. I don't mind the height but I don't like how it looks. The wall decoration is a bridal shower gift from my mom. The left side of the bed is Brian's


 Please forgive the paint chip, we are going to at some point paint this room as well. The dresser is Brian's and the chest with the TV is my dresser. The painting on the wall was done by Gamma.


Looking from the main window out. The closed doors will lead to the Master bathroom and walk in closet. I couldn't get Brian to put away his clothes so those are hidden in the closet/bathroom so no pictures of those yet!


A close up of what we have on our bed. From the left: Squishable Pekin Duck, Squishable Mallard, Baby, Squishable Penguin, "get well" duck, and Squishable Cow,. The squishable animals will be what I will use to measure how big our babies will be in their monthly photo's.. They are big and fluffy, we sleep in a king size bed to help show how big they are.

The Guest Room:

I am recycling photo's but you will get the idea :)

These curtains are no longer like this, we have blind and trim like we have in the rest of the house
The above is what you see when you first walk in to the room


Looking from the bed to the wall. And the only reason I have so many PINK dogs is because I used to work for VS. Since the above picture we found more books and the book shelf is now fuller.


This painting was also done by Gamma. Looks a bit high here but doesn't seem this high in person. The chest to the left of the bed is also no longer there. It is in my master closet.


View looking from right front wall diagonally back before the picture was put up



The next two photo's are of the bathroom that the guest room and nursery will share. There is a small hall way connecting the two rooms. To the left would be the nursery, the middle door is bathroom and to the right is the guest room.


Old picture o me as well :)
So there you have it! The master bedroom and guest room. The Master Bedroom will have some work done to it but not much. No immediate plans for the guest room.

Next week is Dining Rooms which will be interesting because the next day the dining room will be painted and our dining room furniture comes at the end of June so I will do another post when then dining room is finished as well. I should be able to do the "before" pictures on time though :)

1 comment: