Sunday, June 24, 2012

Show Us Your Life: Dining Room

I am late again but this time with a good excuse!

Our dining room was being painted this weekend so I thought I should at least weight till it was done being painted! The dining room can't be called finished until next weekend or so when our dining room set comes down so I will post a finished finished picture later next week. But this is as close to finished as we have ever seen it. And yes I know I haven't posted the back splash...I will we are just waiting on one small thing to be finished before it is all put together. If it makes you feel any better until we get that one small thing done our kitchen can't be put back completely.

So on to the Dining Room:

Before:



Our dining room is in a great central location which made moving really easy. Everything that didn't have an obvious home went into the dining room and we have since been working on getting everything out of the dining room. It has also been the area for big pieces of trash and where we keep the paint/tile/things we need for the project. Before we painted it was the emptiest it had ever been.

During:



We have had some set backs with who was going to paint it. The person we were originally going to use got called into work so my friend Andy who used to work at the hotel offered to do it! He found out Friday at about 10am and was here Saturday at about 9:30 am. He also did the will be nursery which I love but that is another post ;)

After in the early evening with lights on:



Yes, house is a mess but this shows how the room blends with the other rooms

After the next morning, no light:



I absolutely love it! The color is Icy Teal by Glidden but we used Behr Paint. It is a very soft blue green color. While we have that large window and could get away with a darker color, Brian is very sensitive to the light and we have the blinds closed all the time. Also, all the other rooms will have such light colors I didn't want to go so dark that it would look odd. The socket covers are off, those are being put back on tomorrow night but otherwise it is done :) Next stop furniture!!!

2 comments: