Saturday, June 9, 2012

Show Us Your Life: Kitchens

This is late because I misread the schedule. Oops! I was all prepared to do bedrooms and then I saw everyone's kitchen!

My kitchen needed major organization before I could really show it to the world so I spent all morning working in it. I know Kelly said she wanted it real but I couldn't show it the way it was. Plus I was feeling all domestic for some reason.

 Good news though! All of the wedding presents (except the Kitchenaid Mixer, that is waiting on a project) have found a home in the kitchen! They are no longer sitting on the floor of our Master Bedroom closet! Things will be moved around when my parents move down due to the furniture they are bringing us but they have found a temporary home at least that is not a closet floor!

So on to the kitchen!

Looking in from the dining room

View from the breakfast nook to the dining room

Over all I like our kitchen. Doesn't have a lot of counter space but it suits us well. 

The view from the living room

The view from the stove out

Where we keep important papers and the home phone that doesnt work :)

The incredibly unorganized pantry, Mom HELP!

Closer look at the stove area
The following pictures are a close up of the breakfast nook. The table we have in there now is the table we used to use as a dining room table in the apartment. We thought we would use it as a dining room table here but it was WAY too small so in the kitchen it went. This is with the leaf out and it still shockingly works. I do wish it was round, a round table would work better aesthetically but for now this works.





The kitchen itself isn't done quite yet so there will be another post about the kitchen within the next few weeks. Next weekend we are tiling the back splash so I don't ruin the walls with my cooking ;). We are also creating a desk where the trash can is. The top will be made of butchers block and the bottom will either have shelves for cookie sheets, etc or a hinged drawer where we will keep the kitchen aid mixer.

1 comment:

  1. Our wedding isn't till September so the wedding presents we have are still unpacked. And while I'm so excited about using it all, especially my KitchenAide mixer, I have no idea where I'm going to fit everything. But hopefully I manage to get it all figured out after the wedding.

    ReplyDelete