Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Lombardo's Restaurant


Tonight Brian and I ate at Lombardo's (photo courtesy of google as I forgot to take a picture). A month before one of their servers brought various people at my hotel $25 dollar gift cards to use. We decided to go out tonight because we hadn't in a while (well awhile for us) and I leave in 2 days for a wedding. This restaurant is about 30 minutes away but it had amazing reviews and the server was so sweet when he gave us the gift cards.

The food was very good. We had peppers stuffed with Mozzarella and ground beef for an appetizer. The presentation wasn't as expected and it was not a bell pepper as was told to us but it was very good. I had the Chicken Rollatini and Brian stuck with his favorite testing dish, chicken Parmesan.

They did not have any cream sauces on their menu and most dishes, with the exception of the Parmesans, were all white wine sauces which was weird. Anyone who knows me knows I am OBSESSED with Alfredo or any other cream based sauce. Also a bit off, though this is us being a bit picky, was while they had several veal dishes they did not have Veal Parmesan or Veal Marsala when they had other variations of those and other dishes that would have been SO easy for them to do as they already make those dishes. The menu was very limited, there were only a couple things Brian and I were interested in, but our choices were good ones. For a white wine sauce, mine was very good.

Chicken Rollatini is chicken rolled around mozzarella and spinach covered with mushrooms, capers and a white wine sauce. All of their entrees came with spaghetti with red sauce and soup or salad. I had the salad, Brian had the soup. The soup of the day was Pasta Fagioli and was very good but I don't think he got a very good serving as there was not as much pasta as we would think. My salad was good but it is a salad, hard to mess those up. We did like their red sauce. The last couple of italian restaurants we have been too have had really disappointing red sauces. For desert we had a chocolate truffle which was some very good vanilla ice cream covered in a hard chocolate shell. Very good, hit the spot.

Our waiter was great and the waiter who gave me the gift certificate also recognized me and came over to chat. The restaurant was almost empty when we were there but there was this really cute hostess. She is an older lady, very gramma like that kept coming over and chatting with us. She was so cute and we didn't mind the conversation as it sort of seemed at times that the service was a bit slow (I think being a Tuesday night they were a bit short staffed given the expectation of having a slow night).

Overall we liked it and thought it was pretty good. It is the best restaurant of that type near my hotel so definitely something I would recommend to them and I would recommend it to others in there area. We would go back if it weren't SO far away. It was good but good enough for us to drive up 30 minutes on a regular basis. If we were in the area it would definitely be one of our picks. After our gift certificate, tax and tip our bill came out to be about $45. Even without the gift certificate I thought the food was worth the money and the trip.

I have had so many ideas about posting opportunities but I haven't had the chance to write them out. I will get to it I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment