Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Wedding: The first day back in PA

This may need to be multiple posts because again I volunteered myself to be unofficial photographer (the real one is great and I am so excited to see the photos!).

I am going to try and take day by day so I dont leave anything out.

Friday:

So as I said, I had to get up at 3:00am to catch my 5:30 flight. Getting up was fine but the cab driver read his instruction list wrong so didn't show up at 3:30 like he was supposed to (he read it as pm not am...I can understand his mistake). I wasn't too stressed because my flight was the first one out that morning and I really didn't see the airport being THAT busy. As I thought, it wasn't a problem. I had to wait 45 minutes for security to even open up.  I had an hour layover in Charlotte before I arrived in Philly. The plane trip to Charlotte went well except TSA chose me for a random screening before boarding.

We arrived in Charlotte just fine but the gate agent took a half hour to get to the gate and get the ramp to the plane so we could get out. Charlotte airport is just big enough that even by running I barely made it. It also didn't help that they changed gates on me. I hadn't eaten anything, gone to the bathroom or bought my book as nothing was open in Myrtle Beach. I barely had time to go potty and Sbarro was the only restaurant that had no line. At this point I had 4 minutes to get to the plane. I got a slice of cheese pizza, wanted to bite the head off of the foreigner who was trying to pay exact change even before I got into the restaurant, and ran to the gate. I was, again, last on the plane with the doors about to close. Meanwhile people have been staring at me all morning as I am booking it from one end of Charlotte airport to the other. It is now 7:30am.

The flight to Philly was uneventful. Matt picked me up and we went to his gym where he was supposed to meet a client. I was going to workout while he trained. His client ended up canceling so Matt and I played racket ball for a while and he did some workouts with me. I also showed him so gymnastics moves and gave myself some shin splints due to the wrong flooring. Afterward we ran some errands and hung out at his house. He bought me a hot dog wrapped in a pretzel SO good. That night was poker night so we went to dinner early. He took me to Phil's Tavern where I had my first real Philly Cheesesteak. It was a little fancier then traditional but VERY good. Matt had two favorites, The Don and Jaws, so we each got one and split them. I started with The Don and he started with Jaws. Both were very good but I definitely preferred the Jaws better.

After dinner we went to his brother's apartment where we hung out a bit before the rest of the guys came over. His brothers girlfriend Sara and I bonded a bit and discussed their new paint color. They were impressed that I noticed after not being there for 3-4 years and Matt hadn't even noticed. Katie (Matt's sister), Josh (Katie's boyfriend), Matt's dad and two of his friends were the poker players. We were also watching the Phillies game. I was lying on the couch most of the time and fell asleep half way threw waking up every few hours. The guys were shocked I was sleeping through all the hootin and hollaring (apparently it was a tough game). After everything I went through and being up since 3am I wasnt surprised. Everyone was very nice and sweet, I always enjoy spending time with them. It was nice seeing them and just hanging with friends even if I did sleep through most of it.

Tomorrow I will post Saturday/Sunday/Monday. More then likely in seperate posts. Those will have pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment