Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Show us your life!






One of the blogs I read has a segment called "Show us your Life Fridays". It looked fun so I thought I would join in. I will be in Philly on Friday and more then likely wont be able to tag this over to her post but wanted to do it anyway. This section is on our homes and Friday's showcase  is on Kitchens. Mine isnt that fun but none the less, here it is!

We live in an apartment so it is very tiny though big for an apartment. This is is the view from the Living Room







 This is the view from our Dining Room such as it is. The red towels were a Christmas present from my Mommy! We love them and use them all the time!






 Alton Brown, Foodnetwork Chef and renowned geek, says you should use every appliance twice a year to make it worth keeping. He says lots of other things but that is one of our favorite. We use every appliance at least twice, this is a picture of most of our gadgets the rest are in cupboards.





Yes we have two microwaves. The black one is Brian's which he will tell you I ruined making it a yellow color since I cooked popcorn WAY to long. The white one came with the apartment. We even use that one! We use it to keep food warm while something else is finishing cooking!





And this is a picture from the kitchen to the dining room. The picture is one my Gramma painted from a picture of Arizona.


Our kitchen is not very fun. We cant do anything to it (although the previous tenant could paint one bathroom bright baby blue and the other pepto bismal pink and be fine). If I were a landlord I would never give us the countertops we have as they stain WAY too easily even for people who clean up after the cook and during cooking. I also wouldnt have the kitchen being white (well I would avoid having any part of the apartment being white but especially the kitchen) as that is a huge stain magnet as well. If we owned this place we would do it alot differently.

1 comment:

  1. Sooo nice!!! You have a beautiful kitchen.. LOVE those cabinets!! :-)

    http://hanginloosewiththetuccis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete