Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Caroline's House and Frog (the movie)

One of my favorite movies when I was growing up was "Frog". It is about this nerdy boy named Arlow who has a string of reptiles that he studies. He finds a frog that talks to him and teaches him how to get a girl to kiss him. There are lots of fun adventures including going to the movies, being brought to school, and digging through a lake kissing frogs. I have to get this movie not only for myself...but for Caroline.

Caroline has a much cooler son then Arlow. Her son, like Arlow, is obsessed with reptiles and the like. They have a snake, 4 turtles, 1 frog, a cat, a dog, cockroaches at one point, a dragon lizard and a sugar glider. One of her son's favorite activities is going out in the wild and catching these animals and keeping them for a bit. It is not uncommon for Caroline to come home and find frogs in the sink, a lizard in the tub or a snake in the shower.

I swear, Caroline is like Shelly Duval who plays the mother. Take this scene...she will relate totally:


I have never met their frog before. I finally met him this past Sunday. I thought Caroline was talking about Jack (the dog's) favorite toy which is a frog. It is only when I look down I see this as she is cutting up hot dogs.

Meet Pugsley
Pugsley is a weird frog who has to face one certain direction and will move if you try to turn him around
Well one of my favorite scenes of the movie is at the end. Arlow is with the girl he was crushing on eating at an Italian restaurant when they hear a familiar voice break out into song....

Youtube is failing me here so this is the best I can do....

The Muppet Show is helping me out showing you who played "Gus" the frog:

But he was singing this song:

So for the rest of the night I was singing "when the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie thats amore" with Caroline looking at me weird. She HAS to see this movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment