Monday, June 20, 2011

My weekend...

We have had a pretty low key yet successful weekend.

Friday night was game night where I made the yummy Spaghetti Carbonara with Josh and Vicki. The boys cheated and won. I almost won but I believe Josh put a stop at that. Vicki and I will beat them next time though we are playing a new game so who knows.

Saturday we:
  • Went to Walmart to get new pots for my avocado trees as they out grew their current pots. I should not have to transplant them for a very long time. They look a bit ridiculous now but I am hoping it works.
  • While at Walmart, and the only reason we went to that particular store, we picked up paint chips of the colors we are thinking of using to paint the inside of the house if we buy it. We even picked up a couple more I didn't see on the website. My friend Marc, who does the wine glasses, also paints houses and is able to do it for us very cheaply which we are excited about because the only painting company to get back in touch after we asked for quotes A) tried to rip us off we believe and B) cost about the same as the builder which is ridiculous. So now we have paint chips around the house. The dining room colors in the dining room, all the bedroom colors in the master (if we put the others in the other guest room we would never see it to tell), and the "office" colors are in the bedroom we currently use as an office. So far Brian and I are agreeing on colors.
  • We watched more seasons from "Studio 60" which is my new favorite show. It is by Aaron Sorkin who did Sports Night (love that show) and stars Matthew Perry (Friends) and Amanda Peet (can't think of what else she is in). Unfortunately this show got cancelled after the first season so we only have 5 more episodes to watch :(
  • Behaved and only ate out once 
Sunday:
  • I went to work
  • Brian playing his game
  • When I got home from work I updated my blog and finished my current book. Caroline had to cancel so it is a low key night

No comments:

Post a Comment