Thursday, June 9, 2011

Revamping our habits: June's menu

Regardless of what we do with the house Brian and I should try to get better with our grocery shopping and restaurant activities. We are definitely better then when I last spoke of revamping it and I do believe we are better at it then a lot of people....but we could do better.

Last time we revamped it we were going to plan meals for the week and my schedule and Brian's schedule was not the same which made it hard. The change I have been waiting for (I can/will go into more details in a week or so) has come through and a side effect is that Brian's and my schedule aren't so drastically different anymore. Because of this I am going to try planning meals a month in advance. I think another issue we have is there are very few meals we make again. There are meals that we love but just get lost in our list of recipes. I am going to try and rotate recipes more often.

I am going to start with June as we are still in the beginning months and almost use it as a practice round. I think this will also help us keep track of everything we spend on groceries as well. My current goal is to eat out once a week and see how that goes. We can always cut back but I don't want to make life hell by counting dollars if we don't need to. Also, if I can keep up with this and it works some months I can just copy another month's menu which will save time.


June's Meal List

Thursday, June 9th: BLT's
Friday, June 10th: Mom's Chicken Dijon
Saturday, June 11th: Out for dinner
Sunday, June 12th: RAH @ Carolines, BMC fend
Monday, June 13th: Mexican Lasagna
Tuesday, June 14th: Sausage and zucchini lasagna
Wednesday, June 15th: Fend
Thursday, June 16th: Chicken w/Gnocchi
Friday, June 17th: Tuna w/ lime pepper crust
Saturday, June 18th: Out
Sunday, June 19th: RAH @ Carolines, BMC fend
Monday, June 20th: Spaghetti Carbonara
Tuesday, June 21st: Greek Style Chicken Skillet Recipe
Wednesday, June 22nd: Fend
Thursday, June 23rd: Emeril's tuna melts
Friday, June 24th: Shephards Pie
Saturday, June 25th: Out
Sunday, June 26th: RAH @ Caroline's, BMC fend
Monday, June 27th: Poppy seed chicken
Tuesday, June 28th: Slow-cooked Brisket in Onion Gravy
Wednesday, June 29th: Fend
Thursday, June 30th: Brisket sloppy joes

So this months grocery list based on those recipes is:

5 lbs beef brisket
6 large onions
Garlic
Butter
4 zucchini
Ricotta cheese
Fresh Mozzarrella
Lasagna noodles
Prego
Limes
2 green pepper
1 jalepeno pepper
Brown sugar
Hamburger buns
Sour cream
ritz crackers
Frozen peas
Carrots
Potatoes
Red onion
Tomatoes
Provalone
Crusty bread
Tomato soup
1 box of couscous
Feta cheese
Half and half
Parmesan cheese
Acorn squash

Now I just have to get my coupons organized. Let me know if there are any recipes you want me to post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment