Monday, June 27, 2011

The Change

It is about time I filled you all in about the "change" I was waiting on. I want to go into great detail but I shouldn't and so I won't.

Friday was my last day at the hotel. I have really enjoyed working there and have made some good friends over my 3 years there. They completely shocked me by throwing me a pizza party with cake and I even got some presents. I got so overwhelmed with the surprise that I shed some tears. Everyone was so sweet to me. This won't be good bye as my parents will still stay there when they come down/up to visit and my wedding party will more then likely stay there when Brian actually proposes. If anyone ever needs a hotel that are staying in my area it will be the only place I recommend. Also some of my coworkers have plans to try and go out and do trivia night/karaoke which I am excited about!

I have given out my "good bye" presents as a "thank you" for the people I worked with. I had won a massage by "selling" (the word selling is used very loosely) the most massage appointments for a set period of time. I had never used it. I love massages but the process leading up to them make me feel self conscious and insecure and anxious so I avoid them. I gave that to Ms. Micki who helped me learn what to do during first shift and who is always there to help me if I need help with a guest. She really enjoys massages so I new she would love it. She did, she was so thankful and surprised! She kept asking me if I was sure I wanted to give it away. I am glad I was able to do something nice for her. I gave Chris (Carley's Dad) and Jenn (Xavier's Mom) a baby book of their respective babies. The theme for each book was "Baby's First Internship" as all the pictures were of them at work. Everyone loved it! It was great seeing Chris and Jenn smile like that. I kept getting so many compliments on the books. I didn't think I did anything all that special as I make photo books of EVERYTHING but based on people's reactions I created a master piece. I need to get my boss one too but I haven't figured out what to do. His world turned upside down during my notice so I feel like I should do something. I had gotten him a "Thing 1" golf ball from Universal Studios when Brian and I went to Florida several years ago and it is still sitting on his desk front and center. It makes me feel good that not only did he keep it but it is displayed prominently on his desk. It is going to have to be small  but I know he would appreciate it and I feel like I should do something.

So what am I going to be doing? I am going to work for one of the major health insurance companies under a special division (I do not know if this division is only in my health insurance company or if all health insurance companies have this division so it will be referred to as a "special division" so I don't give away my health insurance company).  I had to get a government clearance to get the job and a lot of it is confidential but from what I know and what I have seen publicized (If they publish it to the open I figure I can too) I will be helping fix/adjusts invoices. I have fixed a lot of bills for my current company and it is customer service so I will be good with that. It is going to be weird as I won't be multi-tasking as much and I am going to feel like I am doing everything I am supposed to be doing. I have go through 6-8 months training for this position; 4 hours of classroom training and 4 hours out on the phones doing what I just learned. I am excited that they are willing to spend all that time training me. During training I am working 8-5 but after I could work any hours between 7a-7pm. Hours are Monday through Friday, some overtime Saturdays if need be, and a set schedule. I would prefer my shift to end no later then 6pm so I can go to the gym (they have a fitness center) after work but I am just excited about it being M-F set schedule. They also have a cafeteria so I am hoping that will be a good way to meet people. The pay and benefits are also better as it is more of a corporate setting which is why Brian and I are able to afford the house.

Anyway, I am going to miss my coworkers and most of the guests at the hotel but I am excited about my new adventure coming up. I start Monday so I am becoming a bit nervous as I hate change and I so want to do well at this. I know I will it is just weird for the first day while you figure everything out.

No comments:

Post a Comment