Saturday, September 17, 2011

A Relaxing Saturday

Brian and I haven't had a Saturday like this in a LONG time. I had a test at work so I was pretty stressed about that (I am a Type A, nothing below a 95 is acceptable) and putting in some extra hours. Brian has been feeling pretty icky so he has been low key. And it is 60 degrees out and we are in HEAVEN! I am so hoping it stays cool. It is pretty gray which is good for Brian but it could be a prettier 60 degrees but at this point I would rather have a grey 60 degree day then a blistering hot 100 degree sunny day.

We got our mortgage application and it has confused Brian and I to pieces. We are hoping our bankerman can meet with us to go over it. We had a meeting on Monday and I had gone in thinking we owed about 14k for the down payment. I left that meeting being explained that no, we only need 7k. After reading the mortgage loan we have no idea what we need. All the numbers they are talking about we technically have but we were hoping to use some of the money towards a refrigerator, washer/dryer, tiling, painting etc. If the Mortgage papers (and my original thought) is correct then we don't have a lot of money left over for the things we need let alone want. We will be fine but Brian and I like clear, concise information and want to know what we owe when. Not knowing isn't helping us plan. Hopefully bankerman will provide more clarification this week, we do not want to sign anything until we know what we are signing. I do not know how people say buying a house is easy in terms of paperwork if they are doing it responsibly

Today we went grocery shopping, attempted to go over the mortgage papers, organized our needs/wants for things for the house and found out how much each would cost so we would know how much we need to save and just lay on the couch watching tv. Brian is currently playing his game, I am eating pretzels while watching Ally McBeal  and writing this post.

We haven't been going out to eat the past couple Saturdays. Well okay we did last Saturday if you count the $5. We just haven't felt like doing anything so we have been able to save that money. We have had to order out a couple times within the last couple of weeks due to late nights and not wanting to eat at 10pm but even that is less expensive then going out to eat.

Next Saturday I may get to do overtime and then it is Xavier's birthday party! Carley and Xavier are both 1 year old! Can you believe it? I certainly cant! They are growing up far too quickly! So because of the party and the overtime Brian will not see me until about 6 that evening. We might go out to dinner then but we shall see. I may be tired or full from the party.

Did I tell you about how worried about how many leftovers we were going to have? Well so far we haven't been having that problem. We will see what the rest of the weeks bring but we are doing well. We have plenty of left overs but we aren't swimming like I was afraid we were going to. Like last nights meal was planned to make about 8 servings, well it ended up making 4 and since we had guests over it was done in one sitting. The guests really enjoyed it too. Plus one said he wasn't even hungry and then scarfed it up in two minutes :)

Tonight our friend Al might be coming over to watch Thor. Tomorrow will be more Ally McBeal and knitting. Caroline is working so dinner will be here tonight.

ooo I had a new idea for Christmas/birthday presents for the SU gang. I am thinking I am going to finish the second knitted object so I can do something with the yarn but then return the rest of the yarn to Walmart, if I have any left over, for store credit so I can get fabric so I can make the same object that way. I think knitting and making hand made things from fabric are dying arts and well I am going to do my part in keeping them alive. Plus I love the idea of working with fabric. I will keep the two fabric objects the same size as the knitted objects but I think it will be easier to do larger objects with fabric then knitting. I am still torn with what to do about Adam and Nicole. I think it is unfair that once you get married you only get one gift but it is going to take some time. They may just have to be patient. I think they will get one knitted object and one fabric object. Now just to find a proper pattern.....

No comments:

Post a Comment