Monday, September 12, 2011

September 11

While most of the country focused on what happened on September 11, 2001 I decided to focus on something much happier.

I remembered this lovely lady's birthday






This is my Gamma or otherwise known as Gamma Kay. She was born on September 11, 1927 and sadly passed away September 3, 2008. Even though she is gone, I find it nicer to focus on her then on the other reason we will all remember 9/11. She was 81 almost 82 when she passed away she would have been 85 today.

All of my photo's are in my photobook so I had to steal the rest from Facebook. I found some YOUNG pictures of my Mom and Dad ...I am tempted to post those but I know my Mom would not be happy.

Gamma in the 70's. I remember that furniture

Gamma and Dick, my Mom's Dad

Gamma Kay at Lake Michigan sometime in the 1950's

Gamma and her girls and no I am not saying who is who

Gamma and the girls in Berlin
 And just so you know...I can find a picture of each of her daughters, even the adopted one, where they look EXACTLY like her. Her laugh, smile...all the girls have it at times and the "older" they get the more they look like Gamma.

Happy Birthday Gamma...each of your girls have turned out just like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment