Wednesday, September 7, 2011

September's Fitness Schedule

The fitness center's class schedule changes with time to keep things fresh. It has changed a lot starting in September and I am really liking the changes.

The new schedule:

Monday: 12:05-12:35 Circuit Circus with a different teacher
              12:35-12:45 Absolutely with a different teacher
              5:15-6:00 Rock Bottom

Tuesday: 12:05-12:35 Sassy Step with a different teacher
              12:35-12:45 Stretch..I have been skipping this but will try it with the new teacher
              5:15-6:00 Power Sculpt

Wednesday: 12:05-12:45 Triple Threat (used to be on Friday lunch hours)
                   5:15-6:00 Zumba (used to be on Tuesday nights )

Thursday: 12:05-12:45 Zumba
                5:15-5:35 Treadmill

Friday: 12:05 to 12:35 Strike (used to be on Wednesday lunch hours)
           12:35-12:45 Absolutely
           5:15-5:35 Treadmill

Rock Bottom is a new class that focus's on toning the lower half of the body. As this Monday was Labor Day I haven't had that class but I am excited to try it. Power Sculpt is a class that uses various "explosive" movements like jumping to increase strength and tone throughout the body. I had that class and it was a lot of fun. There were certain exercises that were tough and some that didn't seem tough at the time but I was definitely feeling it the next day. The teacher who taught Sassy Step is now teaching Circuit Circus and the teacher who taught Circuit Circus is teaching Sassy Step. I am excited about the change. Different teachers do different exercises even in the same class. Plus with the original teacher of Sassy Step, I was getting bored with the Step class. I had stopped thinking it was doing anything for me and probably would have stopped taking it. I am hoping the new teacher changes things up a bit to make it a bit tougher.

I am currently at the the size I would like even though the number is not cooperating so I am not necessarily trying to lose weight like I was before. I am now trying to tone everything up some more. I am sure I will get smaller in getting toning but my focus has changed.      

My company gives a discount for living a healthy lifestyle. In order to participate you have to fill out a survey about yourself and then it rates you on how healthy you are based on your answers. I got a 94% and agree with everything except where the weight is concerned. My BMI is still above what it should be. It isn't telling me I am morbidly obese like Curves did but they recommend I lose 20 lbs or so. They think based on my height I should be between 111 and 150lbs. I would have to drop 11lbs to just get below 150 and I am not sure how good that would look. I guess I am not really mad at the assessment but at everyone's use and reliance on the BMI (Body Mass Index). It does not take into account how much muscle you have. All it does is take your height and weight and come up with a percentage. I am 160lbs but most of it is muscle and muscle weighs more then fat much to my frustration as I would love the number go down. I don't have a lot of fat left on me...at least not enough for the BMI or for me to lose 20lbs. I don't even know how I would lose the 11-20 lbs to be in the range everyone wants me in based on my BMI. I don't like BMI's

No comments:

Post a Comment