Monday, October 17, 2011

Goals when we get into the new house:

1) Keep house better. I really need to get better with cleaning. A lot of our issues with the current apartment is that we don't have a lot of space so not everything is in its own spot. This issue should improve with the new house. If we had more things in it's place it would make it easier and less of a chore to clean. I also have plans to schedule the chores throughout the week so I dont have to do them on the weekends. Like laundry on Mondays, vacuuming on Tuesdays, Mopping/steaming floors on Wednesdays, etc.

2) Get more holiday/seasonal decorations. Yes the South has started to get to me. I think some Southerners can go over board but I love the idea of putting a couple things up around the house come Fall, Spring, Halloween, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentines Day, etc to welcome the season. I think it would be fun and a great tradition to start for the babies. However it can get expensive so I am going to do one thing for each season a year. My first thought was get table clothes and napkins and start there. Buying those can be expensive so my thought on that was that I could make my own! However I think if I just bought some fabric in the theme in would get very busy and almost tacky. So I thought I would get some solid fabric for the top of the table and some themed fabric for the part of the table cloth that falls off the table edge and for the napkins. The solid color would match the themed fabric. From there I think I would just get some themed items to place around the house.

Wow this sounded like more in my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment