Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Today was a great day!

Today was an amazing day!

I got inspired to step on a scale after another woman and it appears I lost 6 lbs so not only am I below 160 I am below 155! I am now 154 if the scale is correct. Not sure why I weighed 160 a couple days ago and will weigh myself again in a week or so but I am very excited!

Then I found out that I was able to do overtime this Saturday AND next Saturday! I know most people wouldn't be excited about doing overtime but the extra money will help with house projects and it is a sign of how far I have come within my training at the new job.

Then I was given some very precious gifts. One of our fitness trainers is moving to Florida for a change of pace and I will miss her. However, as she is moving she was getting rid of a lot of stuff and had brought some things to class offering it to us if we wanted and if we didn't she was going to donate it to Goodwill. I looked at the list and fell in love with 99% of it and I was able to get all of it because no one else wanted it! I got 2 things which are going to be Carley's and Xavier's Christmas presents, a cabbage patch doll because it will go with my other one at home and would be cool to keep around and the rest was Christmas presents.

Remember my post about wanting to decorate for the holidays? Well Christmas is done except for the table cloth/napkins. I got about 7 pieces that make up a Christmas Village set which I think will be fun to put on a table. Some battery operated candles to put in windows and a Christmas themed Afghan and pillow. I also got the best thing ever! Christmas dishes! It is a set of 12 with glasses that aren't part of the set but go beautifully! These were her Grandmothers  and I am going to email her thanks for everything and let her know that I am going to use them with care and if she changes her mind and wants them back I will get them to her. If not, great for me but I don't want her to regret a decision. 

Here are some pictures:

Salad Plate

Bowl

Dinner Plate (12 Days of Christmas...12th plate)
Cup (this is the 3rd day of Christmas)

The back of the cup which has the verse related to what day the cup represents
I didn't unpack everything since it is packed really well but the dishes consist of a table setting for 12. The dishes are also dishwasher, microwave and convection oven safe! Can't get easier then that! SO excited for Christmas this year!

Brian wasnt too happy, we are ourselves moving and have to go through our own junk and here I come in with this but how could I say no? SO exciting and saved us SO much money!

No comments:

Post a Comment