Wednesday, December 29, 2010

30 Day Project/Challenge: Day 5

Day 5:

1) Something you hope to do in your life?

I hope to get married, have babies and stay at home with them. I have ALWAYS wanted to be a mother for as long as I can remember. Nothing makes me happier then holding and playing with babies and seeing them grow up. Just ask my boss :) haha. I have had baby fever for as long as I can remember and it is only getting tougher as it is getting closer to becoming a reality. I am so grateful for everyone who has had babies and have let me play with them. Brian is immensely grateful as I am not coming home as often bugging him about babies as I am getting my baby "fix" in a way.

I do hope to stay at home with them for several reasons. My main reason is that I am the type of person that throws 110% into what I do but I do not share my time well. Brian has taken a back seat to my job (and jobs in the past) more often then I would like to admit. He was fine as we needed the money but family/social life definitely takes a back seat to work. And I also get frustrated with things outside of work affecting my ability to do my job well.

I know that once I have a baby something is going to get neglected. I am not the type of girl who can do it all...have a great career and be completely career focused and raise a family with home made meals, going to soccer games and everything else I think is important when raising children. I wish I could do it all but it has proven to me already that I cannot and I haven't even had the child yet. Every parent has a hard time leaving their children to go to work but they can also balance work and family a lot better then I am able to at least naturally. I watch my co-workers and have the utmost respect for them as I watch them with their child(ren) and then watch them come to work and put everything into their work. They are able to give 110% percent at work without sacrificing their children. I do not know how they do it. I can just envision what it is going to be like for me. Either I am not home for my children or I am not there like I need/want to be at my job. Each scenario makes me sad, I don't want to ignore/ neglect either. I want to be there 110% for each and I know I won't be able to it like I want too and I know that it will drive me nuts. I am sure that if I do have to work I will find a way to adapt but if I don't have to I don't want to. It is just another thing on the list of reasons to stay home if I can. My thinking is that once the kids are in school I will take a part time job to get myself out of the house but still give me the time to be with them when needed. Again, in my dream world...we will see how things play out

2) A photo that makes me laugh

There are many so I will try to keep the list short.

This is Jess my best friend from Ireland. I tend to laugh when I see any picture with her in it. I miss her tons and she would be second of two good things to happen if Brian and I were to move to Cali.

She fell at a park in Ireland
Me being sacrificed by Erin at the sacrificial altar in Blarney (another Ireland pic)

Only in Ireland can you kill a terrorist

Courtney killing an IRA terrorist

Last but not least, Mange at Tammy's bday

No comments:

Post a Comment